Monday, September 30, 2024

Last week of September

Hard to believe, but we just finished up the month of September!  It was a very FAST month!  Here are some highlights to the last week of September. 

I went into work (in the office downtown SLC this week), riding the train.  Nyles is also riding the train to get to his school, Jordan Middle School, which is nice.  Steve now simply drives him to the train station in the morning, and picks him back up, which is much closer/quicker for us, so Steve is home to get Carter and Hudson off to school next.  Nyles gets on train at 7:10am (school starts at 7:30am), and I usually get on the 7:40am train.

We had parent teacher conferences this week for all 3 boys.  Carter was on Monday, Nyles on Tuesday, and Hudson on Thursday.  They are all doing well and working hard.  Their teachers said they have continued to improve and are doing their best.  They enjoy having them in class as well.  That is all we can ask for, that we do are best and have a good attitude.  I'm proud of the boys and their efforts :)

Cute boys hanging on the trampoline after I moved the lawn on Monday.

Tuesday, after Steve went to Parent/Teacher conference and I got off work, we went over to Gardner Village in Midvale to the Witchfest to find all the witches.  It was nice since we got there just before all the shops were closing, so it wasn't very busy.

Finding the Witches.

Family pictures.  Our cute boys :)

Fun comparison.

Boys playing in the phone booth.

Carter by Witchy Poo, and trying on a hat.  Then the boys ringing the bell.

Thursday, the boys had a "short day" so they were out early afternoon.  Steve then went up w/ the boys and Dave to look for deer to hunt, since elk season was over. 

Beautiful scenery.

Friday morning, Nyles went with the youth in the ward on their annual temple trip.  They first went up to the Tooele temple open house.  A couple from our ward, the Atkinson's, just moved there, so they ate breakfast there first, then went to the open house.

Meeting at the church parking lot, then to the Atkinson's house.

Getting rides situated and checking out the house.

Tooele Temple aka Deseret Peak.

After Tooele, then went to the Saratoga Springs Temple and did baptisms for the dead.  

Then they went further south to Manti.  I was able to come home from the office and work the rest of the time at home. As soon as I got home (1:30pm), Steve took off to meet the group in Manti to do more baptisms.  Carter thankfully was able to watch Hudson while I finished my meetings and other things at work.

Nyles and Steve at the Manti Temple.
After doing baptisms in Manti, they went to Salina, to stay the night.  They found this Airbnb sort of gym place to stay at.  They went and got pizza, and played, then finally went to bed.  Steve stayed the night w/ them as well.

Manti Temple.

After I got off work, we went to the "farm park" to play and go for a walk.


The boys doing jumps Friday night.
The next morning they had breakfast, then made sack lunches.

They then went up to the Payson temple to do more baptisms for the dead.  

Then they had lunch at a park, then went home.

Nyles was just a little tired, and fell asleep on the way home.  They got home early afternoon.  Steve and I then went grocery shopping.  We saw this cool Jeep that had the Buzz Lightyear colors.

Sunday, Hudson drew this perfect heart on Steve's phone.  We're still not sure how he did it.  That afternoon we went to Pauline's place to celebrate Lincoln's 5th birthday.  We gave him some kinetic sand as a gift.  We had breakfast for dinner.  I made some muffins and brought fruit.

Monday, September 30th, I worked from home.  The boys played outside.  We've had unseasonably warm temperatures; mid-80s.  It's been nice! Hudson loves the ducks and gives them all kisses :)

We then went for a hike up Little Bell Reservoir.  
Silly Squirrel stashing his acorns away for the winter.

Beautiful colors!

Family picture.  Beautiful views!

So pretty!

We caught the sunset coming back down.  It was gorgeous.

Love the colors and view!

Pretty sunset.

Breathtaking.  Draper Temple on our way home (bad picture through the car window as the flash came on and reflected on the window, but still beautiful).

Great quotes:



No comments:

Post a Comment