Monday, September 29, 2025

Last full week of September

It's crazy to think we are finishing up September here soon.  This month has flown by.  Here are some highlights from this past week

Hudson's teacher has been posting pictures of him and their class on Instagram, so I got a few.  Hudson celebrated part of his 5th birthday at school this year, on August 20th!  He's been working hard learning his letters and numbers at school.  His entire preschool class at Corner Canyon Academy in Draper.  There are only 4 girls.

Hudson on the 1st day of school.  Different art projects they've done in class.

Hudson had a T-ball game again on Tuesday.  
Steve and Nyles got to come to this one as they didn't have YM this week.

Silly Piper.  Steve and I then went and did sealings at the Draper temple after we got back from Hudson's game.  It was a great session.

Wednesday after school, Steve took the boys to go deer hunting.  I stayed home to work.  It was my in office week this week.  Zach and Nyles had both drawn tags for the muzzle loader.  Zach actually got his deer as they were pulling into camp that night.  Rob came up that night also.  Dave came up Thursday morning and spent the day w/ them.  Here are more photos from Rob.

They saw several deer/bucks, but Nyles didn't take a shot until Saturday morning.  They ended up switching their locations as more people came in on Friday night.  Thankfully, Nyles not only took a shot Saturday morning but also hit the buck!  His first one!  They came home that afternoon/evening.  They all had a great time camping and hunting, and it's an extra win when everyone fills their tags.  

Steve, Nyles, Carter and Hudson w/ the buck Nyles shot.  
Later Steve and Nyles working on the meat.


Piper and I going on a walk.  I take her every day.  Beautiful fall colors on the mountains.

Sunday evening Pauline's family came over.  Rose wasn't feeling well so wasn't able to come.  We celebrated Lincoln's birthday coming up on October 1st.  He'll be 6.

Pauline then took some pictures for us at Draper Park.  We can't wait to see them.  Thanks, Pauline!

We were saddened to hear the news about the passing of our beloved prophet, President Russell M. Nelson.  He was 101 years old and served 41 years as an apostle (called in April 1984), and President of the Church since January 14, 2018.  We've seen so many changes w/ him as the prophet.  We went to 2 hour church, changed from visiting teaching to ministering, and being a home-focused people when it comes to gospel study and church supported, instead of visa versa.  He announced 200 temples while prophet of the church, of the total 382 in the world (including those that are dedicated, under construction, or announced).  The work of the Lord has definitely hastened while he was the prophet on the Earth.  How blessed we are to have a prophet on the Earth!  President Nelson will be missed, yet we know the Lord's work will continue to move forward.  Here are a few of his quotes.




I also put together the promises he gave us while acting as the prophet of the Lord.

12 promises from President Nelson


  1. April 2018, Revelation for the Church, Revelation for our lives

    1. To be sure, there may be times when you feel as though the heavens are closed. But I promise that as you continue to be obedient, expressing gratitude for every blessing the Lord gives you, and as you patiently honor the Lord’s timetable, you will be given the knowledge and understanding you seek.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/04/revelation-for-the-church-revelation-for-our-lives?lang=eng 

  2. October 2018, The Correct name of the Church

    1. My dear brothers and sisters, I promise you that if we will do our best to restore the correct name of the Lord’s Church, He whose Church this is will pour down His power and blessings upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints, the likes of which we have never seen.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/10/the-correct-name-of-the-church?lang=eng 

  3. October 2018, Sisters Participating in the Gathering of Israel 

    1. I invite you to read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year. As impossible as that may seem with all you are trying to manage in your life, if you will accept this invitation with full purpose of heart, the Lord will help you find a way to achieve it. And, as you prayerfully study, I promise that the heavens will open for you. The Lord will bless you with increased inspiration and revelation.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/10/sisters-participation-in-the-gathering-of-israel?lang=eng 

  4. October 2018, Becoming Exemplary Latter-day Saints

    1. I promise that as you diligently work to remodel your home into a center of gospel learning, over time your Sabbath days will truly be a delight. Your children will be excited to learn and to live the Savior’s teachings, and the influence of the adversary in your life and in your home will decrease. Changes in your family will be dramatic and sustaining.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2018/10/becoming-exemplary-latter-day-saints?lang=eng 

  5. April 2020, Hear Him

    1. I promise that as you increase your time in temple and family history work, you will increase and improve your ability to hear Him.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/04/45nelson?lang=eng 

  6. October 2020, Embrace the Future with Faith

    1. I promise that as you increase your capacity to receive revelation, the Lord will bless you with increased direction for your life and with boundless gifts of the Spirit.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/10/37nelson?lang=eng 

  7.  October 2020, A New Normal

    1. Now, my dear brothers and sisters, I bless you to be filled with the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ. His peace is beyond all mortal understanding. I bless you with an increased desire and ability to obey the laws of God. I promise that as you do, you will be showered with blessings, including greater courage, increased personal revelation, sweeter harmony in your homes, and joy even amid uncertainty.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2020/10/58nelson?lang=eng 

  8. October 2021, The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation.

    1. If you don’t yet love to attend the temple, go more often—not less. Let the Lord, through His Spirit, teach and inspire you there. I promise you that over time, the temple will become a place of safety, solace, and revelation.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/10/47nelson?lang=eng 

  9. April 2022, The Power of Spiritual Momentum

    1. If forgiveness presently seems impossible, plead for power through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ to help you. As you do so, I promise personal peace and a burst of spiritual momentum.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2022/04/47nelson?lang=eng 

  10. October 2022, Focus on the Temple

    1. I promise that increased time in the temple will bless your life in ways nothing else can.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2022/10/58nelson?lang=eng 

  11. October 2022, Overcome the World and Find Rest

    1. I call upon you, my dear brothers and sisters, to become this righteous people. Cherish and honor your covenants above all other commitments. As you let God prevail in your life, I promise you greater peace, confidence, joy, and yes, rest.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2022/10/47nelson?lang=eng 

  12. April 2024, Rejoice in the Gift of Priesthood Keys

    1. Time in the temple will help you to think celestial and to catch a vision of who you really are, who you can become, and the kind of life you can have forever. Regular temple worship will enhance the way you see yourself and how you fit into God’s magnificent plan. I promise you that.

    2. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2024/04/57nelson?lang=eng 




No comments:

Post a Comment