Saturday, September 27, 2025

3rd Week of September

We got back from our cruise on Friday, September 12th.  The next morning at 9am, I took Carter and Hudson to the church to practice for their primary program.  Their primary program was on Sunday, September 14th.  Since we are learning about the Doctrine and Covenants this year, they asked the primary kids to share a conversion story of someone in their family.  They all took turns throughout the year giving their talks, then they repeated them during the program.  Carter spoke about Grandpa Heinrich Friedrich Hegerhorst's conversion and Hudson about Mary Rolling's conversion. We only have 8 boys in our whole primary (no girls). They all did an awesome job singing and telling about their family history. The Spirit was strong! Dave and Joann were able to come, and my parents and Diane and LuDean were able to join via Zoom. Thank you for your love and support!

Sunday after the boys Primary Program, we left to go up to Midway for Noah's mission farewell talk.  We had lunch back at Melanie and Brandon's house, then came home.

Cute Hudson next to our Mums starting to bloom.  Our cute primary boys: Jacob Hamilton, Carter, Timbo Marcinowski, Hudson, Beau, Tate and Clay Evans, and Theo Whitehead.  On the way up to Midway, Hudson playing with putty.

Hudson fell asleep on the way home.  Then, later the boys built a fort.

On Tuesday, September 16th, Hudson had his first T-ball game.  Our neighbor's boy Tate is on the same team.  They're pretty cute to watch together.

Dave came and watched the game also.  Steve and Nyles went to YW.  
Nyles with his new Student Council sweatshirt.

Steve put in a new transition strip between the laundry room and living room.  He also finished getting the boat ready for duck hunting.  Tate came over to play the next day.  Hudson anxiously awaited him.

We got our carpet cleaned.

Steve and Hudson built a tower w/ blocks.

Saturday morning, Steve, Nyles, and Carter helped w/ a service project our stake was participating in. I stayed home w/ Hudson and we cleaned the house.

I then took Carter and Hudson to a birthday party at Uptown Jungle for a boy in Hudson' preschool.  His name is Porter (the boy in the black shirt, dark hair).

Steve took Nyles and his friend Lincoln to go duck hunting.  
It was the opener of the youth waterfowl hunt.

Carter and Hudson wanted to do the rock climbing activity before we left the party.

Nyles shot a few ducks!!!

They had a great time, until the motor wouldn't start.  Steve ended up pulling them through the mud 1/2 mile or so until they could flag down another boater to pull them in.

On Sunday, it was our Ward Conference. The Stake Primary President (I'm the secretary) came.  I gave her a side hug, then my hand started to hurt really bad.  I saw something small on my hand, so I thought it was a small bug.  Later after talking to Steve, who was home w/ Hudson, I realized it was a bee that stung me.  My hand started to swell up and my fingers went numb for a little while.  I took some Benadryl when I got home and Ibuprofen.  So weird to get a bee sting IN CHURCH.

After our ward conference, we went back to the chapel to listen to another ward's primary program.  Then I went home for a few minutes, then went to another ward's primary program.  They were all wonderful and the Spirit was strong in each of them.  The children are incredible!  We had 4 primary programs to go to and our ward conference, so we divided up between our presidency who was going to what.  Here is one of the songs they sang, so great! 

My hand swelling up.  Hudson sitting on Steve.  Steve had a tired headache so he put the tired headache on.  You leave it in the fridge so it's cool.  Steve said it really helped, both the coolness and the pressure on his head.  He ended up taking a nap.

Great quotes:



No comments:

Post a Comment