Here are some highlights from the 2nd week of June.
I was supposed to go into the office the week of June 17th but since I was in the ER that Saturday, and my hip was really sore still, I decided to work from home. I went between sitting, standing and laying on the bed Monday and Tuesday. Thankfully, Wednesday was Juneteenth Holiday, so I had it off.
Monday afternoon I went and had more blood drawn. Tuesday morning the Orthopedic Surgeon who was on call from Saturday when I was at the ER, met w/ me. He wanted to follow up to see how I was doing and give me next steps. He was a surgeon of shoulders and knees, but he thought since my hip labrum was torn I'd likely need surgery. He wanted me to meet w/ a hip Orthopedic Surgeon first though.
The boys at Lagoon.
On Tuesday, for a combined YM/YM activity, Steve helped with a station. Since my hip was still sore and I was trying to rest, he took Carter and Hudson w/ him to his station. He set up hammocks so they could play while he was doing his part.
Cute Hudson and Carter playing in the hammocks.
Wednesday, thankfully I had the day off, and miraculously the hip Orthopedic Surgeon was able to squeeze us in that morning. He said that he really didn't think my torn hip labrum was the cause of my pain. He said the fluid around my hip was my problem. He wanted to run some more tests, but was curious if I had an autoimmune disease and that was causing the build up of the fluid. After meeting w/ him, they sent me over to get more blood drawn. He also put me on a steroid to see if that would help w/ the inflammation.
Wednesday evening, Steve took the boys to Thanksgiving Point so I could rest some more. He met up w/ Dave, Joann and Stacie/Conor/Claire. They had a good time.
The boys doing some painting at Thanksgiving Point. Then seeing the dinosaurs.
They had more than just dinosaur exhibits this time. They also had bugs and other things.
Spider web and dung beetle.
A fun pirate ship to play on. Digging in the sand. Joann enjoying the flowers.
The kids sitting on the grass eating ice cream, enjoying the view with no one else around.
Nyles and Carter working on their adventure book they filled out going to the different spots around the gardens. Pretending to be stuck in the ice. Claire showing us the splits. Yes it made my hips hurt just looking at it ;).
Thursday and Friday I went into the office, since I was supposed to and they are closely monitoring it. I knew I'd have to make up missing Monday and Tuesday already, so I decided I'd just go in. I didn't want to ride the train 45 minutes, so Steve said he'd drive me. Since I work downtown, and we're more than half way to Lagoon up in Farmington, we decided that Steve could take the kids to Lagoon while I worked. I could stay about half the day, then they could pick me up and I could work the rest of the day from home. It worked out well on both sides. The kids got to go play at Lagoon for a few hours, and I got my "time" in at the office.
Look at the heat we've been having! Above average for sure! It usually isn't this hot until July! Pretty flowers in bloom around the yard. Steve w/ Hudson on the merry-go-round at Lagoon.
Nyles and Carter at Lagoon. Then playing in the hammocks at a park. Carter's friend Colin came over to play. They got a Slurpee then went to the park to cool off from the heat.
It rained then turned into hail Friday afternoon. They were pretty big too!
More pretty flowers in bloom, plus the pears and peaches growing.
Friday the hip Orthopedic surgeon called and asked how I was doing. I told him the steroid seemed to be working, as I was able to move more now and wasn't in much pain. I wasn't taking any pain meds, not even for sleep, just the steroid. He then decided to put me on a maintenance dose of the steroid for 1 more week. He was hoping to see if I could get into a Rheumatologist, who deals w/ autoimmune diseases soon. He said he'd have his nurse follow up and try to get me an appt with a Rheumatologist.
Friday afternoon, we had planned (booked a couple months ago), to go camping over at Jordanelle for the weekend. Since my hip was still healing, and the boys still really wanted to go, Steve said he'd take them by himself. He ended up taking Lynsie as well (Carrie's daughter), and Rob met them up there a little later that evening.
Steve grabbed a Little Caesar's pizza for dinner. Then they made s'mores.
They also found a playground close by in the campground, which they had fun playing on.
Getting ready for bed. Nyles and Carter in the bunkbeds, Lynsie on the table, and Hudson in the big bed w/ Steve. After the kids were asleep, Steve snuck out and sat by the fire w/ Rob for a while.
Rob slept in his car (our old Edge we sold him). They had muffins for breakfast the next morning.
They then went over to the playground again for a little bit.
Then over to the Rock Cliff Nature Center near the campground.
Exploring the nature center.
It was a little windy out on the reservoir, so they asked if they could swim at the pool by Melanie/Brandon's place. They said they could, so the went over to Midway. Noah also printed 3-D Dragons for the boys on his printer. Initially it was just for Carter for his birthday, but since we knew they'd all want one, we asked him to print 4, one for each of the boys, and a spare.
Carter w/ his 3-D dragons. Brandon let them in at the pool.
Having fun in the water!
Then back to "camp" for a spaghetti dinner. Dave drove up and joined them.
Enjoying dinner.
The boys w/ their 3-D dragons. Dave left w/ Lynsie, then they had 1 more fire.
They packed up and came home Sunday morning in time for church. I was able to go to church as well thankfully. The steroid had definitely helped with the inflammation in my hip and I was feeling a lot better. That afternoon, we drove up to Snowbird to cool off and take a little walk. It definitely took me longer than usual for the walk. Usually I'm in front leading the pack, but this time I was in the back, going slower. My hip was still hurting some, so I didn't want to push it too hard. It was nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful nature though.
Beautiful views. We found some snow, though not much as it's been so hot this month.
So pretty up there!
I'm so thankful for Steve, for not only taking care of me, but the boys as well this week while I was "out of commission." He is such a blessing in our lives. He is so thoughtful, patient, and kind to us all. I am so thankful for all that he did this week, but also all that he does all the time for so many people. He truly is a great example to us all of Christlike love. Thank you Steve. I love you!!!
Great quotes:
No comments:
Post a Comment