Wednesday, July 3, 2024

2nd Week of June

Here are some highlights from the 2nd week of June. 

On Monday, June 10th, Steve took the boys to Lagoon and met Stacie there.  They had a fun time!

Fun times!

Stacie having fun w/ Hudson!

Conor, Carter and Nyles on the airplane ride and Carter getting some lunch.

Carter w/ his Lego Jet from his birthday all put together.  
Hudson crashed on the couch one afternoon.

Nyles trying rock climbing at a Young Men's activity.

Go Nyles!  He was a natural!

Steve helped to belay Nyles.  Good work!

Cute Hudson pretending to be Harry Potter.  Hudson and Nyles also wanted a Lego Jet, so we ordered them one too, which they paid for w/ their own money.  They had so fun playing together.  Cute Hudson finally asleep.

Beautiful flowers in bloom in the front yard.

A check on the snow levels still up at Moosehorn and Mirror Lake.

On Friday, June 14th, my right hip started hurting.  I didn't think much about it though since it has hurt on and off since 2016 after Carter was born (9 lb baby).  I typically go to the chiropractor to get it adjusted when it hurts too much.  After I finished work, I then mowed the lawn, limping a little bit as it was hurting a little more.  I ended up taking some Ibuprofen before bed.  

At 4am, I woke up w/ my hip hurting really bad.  It was now a constant, sharp pain instead a dull ache.  I tried to go back to bed but couldn't.  I woke Steve up and he gave me a Tramadol to help w/ the pain.  Steve then went back to bed.  Unfortunately, the pain didn't stop and I couldn't go back to bed.  At 7am, Hudson woke up and came into our room.  I went to the bathroom and then told Steve that I needed to go to the ER because the pain wasn't stopping and no matter what I did (stood, laid down or sat), it still hurt.  Steve then woke the other 2 boys and told them we were leaving to the ER.

Steve called Stacie as we were headed to the ER.  She said she could come down and pick up the boys and take them back to her house, as we didn't know how long we'd be there.  I slowly made my way into the ER, as it hurt really bad to move.  I got checked in and they found us a room.  Dave later came down and helped Steve give me a blessing.

They then did several tests: CT, X-ray and an MRI.  They started an IV on me for pain and gave me something like morphine, but it didn't really help minimize the pain.  They eventually found out from the tests, that I had a torn labrum of the hip and also fluid on my hip.  They gave us the option to drain some of the fluid to test it to make sure it wasn't infected.  Since we were already there, though I didn't want to be there anymore, we decided to drain the fluid just to cover all basis.

The Dr. thought the torn labrum was my problem and source of my pain, but was also concerned about the fluid and if it was infected.  They were going to run more tests on the fluid they removed, along with tests on my blood.  After they drained the fluid, my hip did feel better, from relieving the pressure.  Around 7pm, I was finally released (almost 12 hours there!).  I was told to get more blood drawn on Monday and go back to see the Orthopedic Surgeon, who was on call, on Tuesday, to see what the next steps were.

Stacie and Phill had the boys the whole day.  They took them to the new Elemental movie and ordered KFC for dinner.  They had a lot of fun playing, but were ready to come home that evening.  They got home shortly after we got home.  We are so thankful that they were able to take the boys the whole day and help us out while we were at the ER the whole day.  It was a blessing not to have to worry about them and if they were taken care of.  Thank you!!

Nyles' black belt came! He was only a little excited to finally get it.  We're planning an official ceremony for later.  Steve took Piper to the vet.  They did an x-ray of her paw and it showed it was fractured.  She also has an infection in her paw, so in on antibiotics.  Me on crutches, ready to leave the ER after being there all day.

The next day, June 16, was Father's Day.  Steve took the boys to church while I stayed home to rest.  My cute boys; all 4 of them :)  Steve in Primary w/ Carter and Hudson.

We still had the family dinner at our place Sunday evening.  We did a BBQ for Father's Day.  Steve made sure the house was clean, got the tables and chairs set up outside, and cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs.  I felt bad I wasn't able to help out at all on Father's Day when I was supposed to be pampering Steve.  I'm so thankful for Steve, for the wonderful husband he is and amazing father he is to our boys.  I'm so grateful for my dad and Steve's dad, and for their great examples to us all.  I love them all so much!

Hudson fell asleep on the couch before everyone got there, and stayed asleep for quite a while.  
Dave and Steve in their "Hawaiian shirt" I got them both for Father's Day.

Brandon asking Hudson what he's up to.  The kids piled on our slide, and soon found out that they put too much weight on it, as it bent.  Singing Happy Birthday to June birthdays (Carter, Ryan, Jeff and Olivia).

Great quotes:




No comments:

Post a Comment