Here are some highlights from the 3rd week of March.
I made more sourdough bread. One loaf for us and one for Dave/Joann. A new picture on our wall from Dave/Joann. We ordered a new net for the trampoline, as the old one was trashed. Hudson was happy to go try it out :) St. Patrick's Day was on Monday, so we all wore green ;)
Beautiful Crocus flowers in bloom in the front yard. Carter playing w/ a track set.
We got more snow on Tuesday, March 18th. I worked from home this week, which I was thankful for. The roads were plowed though, so the kids were able to go to school. Steve covered our Daffodils w/ buckets and put a rock on the bucket so they wouldn't fly away. We got like 6 inches!
Steve was in charge of a combined YM/YW activity that night as well.
They learned about the history of the Passover.
Hudson has been coughing at night and cough medicine hasn't been working, so Steve took him into the Dr. to ask about asthma. We are giving him an inhaler, like his older brothers, to see if it helps. So far it does seem to be helping, so potentially all 3 boys has asthma.
Our snowman we built. The boys at KTR. Hudson w/ his inhaler for asthma.
Thursday Steve went to the urologist. He is scheduled to have another kidney stone removed next Monday, March 31st. This kidney stone is even bigger than the last, but it's still in the kidney. We're praying all goes well w/ the surgery and his recovery the week following.
Friday afternoon, Steve and I went and had a couple's massage. They are opening a new massage place right here, so they were running a discount rate for the massages. The massages were awesome! I also made more sourdough, this time also a small loaf for Rob. It got out of the oven around right after work, so Rob came straight over after he was done w/ work to pick it up. We ended up ordering Cafe Rio for dinner. Rob stayed and ate too, then we played a game of "Cover Your Assets." It was fun.
On Saturday, we cleaned up around the house in the morning, then took Nyles to a birthday party at the Cottonwood Heights Rec Center. While he was at the party, we went to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart to get groceries for the next week. We then picked him up and went over to Dave/Joann's place to help them pack and load boxes into a packing cube out in their driveway.
We cleared out one of the extra bedrooms downstairs, and got the downstairs living room staged to list. We also brought up all the boxes that were in the living room downstairs so they can be sorted through.
Nyles at the ice rink for a birthday party. Hudson wanted to cut yarn while we packed boxes.
The boxes we brought upstairs so Joann/Dave could sort through them.
Conor, Nyles and Carter helped haul a lot of boxes upstairs and many to the cube. Dave ordered pizza for dinner. Melanie, Joann, Phill, Brandon, Steve and Dave going through boxes. Olivia helping Hudson cut the yarn, to keep him busy.
Sunday, I gave my final lesson in Relief Society. I think I'll be released soon since I was called to the Stake Primary (as secretary) at the beginning of March. I said I would teach one more time though. I also said I'd help w/ activity days, so I'm not sure when I'll be released. Guess we'll see. After church, I walked home w/ Carter and Hudson. Steve stayed w/ Nyles for a deacon quorum meeting, then came home so I could leave to go attend the 9th Ward's Conference (Spanish Ward). It was neat to hear the messages in Spanish and being translated. We went over 2 songs in Primary w/ the kids, then gave them a CTR keychain. We also gave the leaders a small lotion as a thank you. Our first Ward Conference is behind us now ;)
That afternoon, the boys helped make tin foil dinners. We made enough for Dave/Joann, LuDean/Diane. We stopped at Dave/Joann's to help them w/ move their TV to our camper (while they stage the house), then we went over to LuDean/Diane's place for dinner. Joann wasn't feeling well so she didn't come (we missed her).
The boys making our tin foil dinners.
Hudson playing in a dirt pile at LuDean's house. We played a game after dinner.
Hudson decided to use Carter as a backrest, haha :) Cute Piper all cozy by the fire.
A quote from my RS Lesson: President Nelson said, “With the help of two Hebrew scholars, I learned that one of the Hebraic meanings of the word Israel is “let God prevail.” Thus the very name of Israel refers to a person who is willing to let God prevail in his or her life. That concept stirs my soul!
I'm so very grateful for a living prophet to lead us and guide us in these latter days. I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to teach us and direct us in our lives. I'm so thankful for those who came before us, and for their courage and faith to do what is right. We are so blessed to have this knowledge and truth in our lives. I know this is Christ's Church. I'm grateful we have both General Conference and Easter coming up (my favorite)! Christ lives!










No comments:
Post a Comment