Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Last week of September already

This past week has flown by so I'm going to give a quick update. I'll try and pick up where I left off last week.

Last Tuesday we had a Relief Society Activity. We had 3 different classes to go to. One was on making photo books and preserving your memories that one, one was on journaling, and one was on using the new website www.new.familysearch.org. They were all excellent; I learned a lot and I think so did the sisters who attended.

Wednesday Steve had class all day, I had work, then visits afterwords. I then went over to the church w/ my 2nd counselor and met w/ the Elder's Quorum President and his 1st counselor and went over Home and Visiting Teaching assignments for October. It went really well and I felt we were efficient too. I had gone over the VT side w/ my Coordinator the Saturday before so I felt more prepared and ready for the meeting. President Thorup commented to me that he felt I was well prepared for it, which of course helps to rely on the Spirit even moreso when making the changes.

Thursday I mainly did homework after school and Steve had his EMT class again.

Friday Steve went to help Carrie move her stuff out of her apartment and I had to take my midterm. Not our ideal Friday night, but you do what you have to do sometimes. Steve got home before I finished so he just played a game on the computer for the last 1 hour while I finished it. He then went and got some ice cream for us and we watched a little TV together then went to bed.

Saturday I slept in til 11; I was tired needless to say. We then went out and shopped for a dress for me for Carrie's wedding. We found a pretty cute one at Ross, hopefully it'll work. We looked at suits a little for Steve, but then after we got home he decided he could just wear one he already had. I then got ready for my sisters Rose and Pauline to come over so we could go to the Relief Society Conference downtown together. Steve went w/ Greg Morris from our branch and his friend Zach Hanney up the canyon to go fly fishing.

I drove downtown and parked in the parking lot they assigned us. Traffic was a little busy getting there but we made it just in time. The talks were really good. Of course I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's the most; it had the most meaning to me at this time in my life. You can read it here if you haven't already, or watch it. http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/forget-me-not?lang=eng It was excellent!

Here are the 5 Forget Me Nots
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.
2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
3. Forget not to be happy now.
4. Forget not the “why” of the gospel.
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.

When he was bearing his testimony about the 5th one that God loves us the Conference Center went completely silent. You could FEEL the power of his message and testimony. It was incredible; the Spirit was so strong! You KNEW that he knew what he was saying was the truth! I love the power of a testimony. Nothing can restrain the Spirit from bearing truthfulness when a testimony is born. Love it!

Afterwards we walked over to Olive Garden and had dinner together. We then came back to my place where we chatted some more. I also made copies of 2 Wheat Bread recipes I've used recently and LOVED! It was really fun to hang out w/ them and share the experience of the RS Conference together. It would be great if next time our Mom, Barbara, Anna, Kristi, and Michelle could be there too. :)


Rose and Pauline w/ me at the Relief Society Conference. (I finally found my camera battery charger yeah!)


Sunday I had a lot of meetings from 9am - 6pm. Afterwards Steve and I got to relax and spend time together.

My left wrist has been bothering me and we figured its carpal tunnel. We went and got a wrist brace to wear at work which seems to be helping. I'm also wearing it at night. I also asked that they order my an ergonomic keyboard. Here is a pic of it.

My new ergonomic keyboard at work


This Tuesday night Steve met me at the trax station and we went to the temple. It was closed Saturday after Noon, so we slept too long to make it in time. The session was really good and it was definitely needed. It's crazy how quickly the month passes when you've got a million things to do during the week.

Looking back at the Jordan River Temple from the parking lot.
I love how it "shines."


We're excited for General Conference this weekend. We're planning to go up to the cabin to watch it. Can't wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment