Steve helping to prep the deck at the cabin, scraping old paint off

Last week Steve and I were both sick with the stomach flu. It wasn't very fun. It hit Steve the hardest last Sunday during sacrament meeting. He started feeling nauseous so I encouraged him to go to the restroom just in case. Well he ended up throwing up, so I took him home. I then went back for Sunday School and Relief Society plus meetings and more meetings, so I didn't get home until 5pm. Well by this time Steve was not doing very well. He said he had been either throwing up or having it come out the other end pretty much nonstop. It kept getting worse and worse and he of course couldn't keep anything down, not even water, without throwing it up. He was getting pretty dehydrated and started to get really bad stomach cramps, so we decided to take him into the instacare. Well, by the time we got in it was a little after 8pm and they said they couldn't start IV's after 8pm so we needed to go to the ER. We went home for a bit to see if the cramps would stop but they didn't, so we went to the ER at about 8:30pm. They then got an IV started for him and eventually gave him morphine to help w/ the pain. He then started doing much better. His heart rate was pretty high though so we had to stay til about 1:30 am as they were monitoring it. When we left Steve was doing 100 times better than when we got in. We were both REALLY tired by the time we got home and into bed.
Steve at the ER just enjoying life....now that he has morphine ;)

Steve getting some fluids after being so dehydrated all day

I stayed home Monday, mainly since I was exhausted and to take care of Steve. My stomach started hurting that night so I ended up staying home Tuesday also, just in case I got it. It was more of my stomach cramping and grumpling more than anything, but it was nice to be home taking it easy since I didn't feel too good either.
Wednesday I went to work and Steve had class all day. After work I went to visit new sisters from 6-8:30pm, then I had a meeting w/ President Thorup from 8:30-11:30pm. I know it was a LONG night, but I got a lot accomplished. We went over a lot of things about our branch RS.
Thursday after work I went to Carrie's bridal shower (Steve's older sister) while Steve went to his EMT class. It was a fun shower. She gets married in less than a month on October 15th in Melanie's backyard.
Friday at work I organized a potluck for my team. It was a fun and there was plenty of food. After work I wasn't feeling the best (no correlation w/ the potluck), so we decided to take it easy. Since we hadn't been to the new In-N-Out Burger right here by our place we decided to go. As we pulled up another couple and their 5 yr old daughter Riley who lives in our same complex pulled up. We ended up sitting w/ them as we ate and visited. It was nice to enjoy their company. We then went to Target to use the $10 giftcard we had. We decided we could each get something for $5. We ended up in the games section and found 2 $5 games! I got Mancala and Steve got a chess/checkers/backgammon set. Score! We only payed like 66 cents for the 2 of them! We then came home and played them, then watched a movie and went to bed.
That night the stomach flu finally got me! I went to the bathroom 3 times w/in a couple hours so I had Steve go pick me up some Imodium. That helped w/ it coming out, but I still had stomach cramps all day. Even though I wasn't feeling too well I was still able to meet w/ my VT Coordinator to go over some things, and Steve and I went to a funeral. A couple in our ward lost their baby. She was only 18 weeks along, but they decided to go a funeral service anyway. We decided to go and support them. Afterwards I worked on my homework assignments and lesson for RS the next day. We watched a little of the U vs BYU game; the U killed BYU 54 to 10!!!!
My lesson for RS went well I think. I decided to do a lesson using the new RS book "Daughters of my Kingdom." We passed them out and I used Sister Beck's talk called "Fulling the Purpose of Relief Society" from October 2008. Here's a link if you want to read it; it's great! The new books are beautiful to the eye and to the soul as you read them. Here is a quote from her talk, "To summarize, the purpose of Relief Society, as established by the Lord, is to organize, teach, and inspire His daughters to prepare them for the blessings of eternal life.'
https://lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/fulfilling-the-purpose-of-relief-society?lang=eng&query=fulfilling+our+responsibility,%28+name%3a%22Julie+B.+Beck%22+OR++name%3a%22David+L.+Beck%22%29
After church I made some rolls and we went over to LuDean's for our family get together. We had dinner, then we all helped make things for Carrie's wedding (since it will be in the backyard). I helped make the signs and got to use Diane's cricket machine; it was really fun! We got a lot done but there are still a lot more things that they need done before the wedding. I also made 2 loaves of wheat bread while we were there. I had the dough ready to go so I just baked it while we were there. Half of one loaf got eaten before we left (and all the rolls), then we left half for LuDean, we took half of one and gave Dave the other half. These 2 loaves turned out really well. They were really soft, moist and yummy. I think I'm getting better at it....hopefully anyway ;)
Ok one more thing. We went to my parent's house over Labor Day (2 weeks ago I know). We took Zach Hanney up w/ us (Steve's friend), since Rob Daniels got to go up once it was his turn. They went shopping, just about anything they could, while I had to work on homework unfortunately. We got to visit w/ Daron and his family though so that was a lot of fun. While over at Daron's Zach and Steve even got to rope the goat. It was pretty funny to watch let me tell you. The weekends always go too quickly.
The next day after work Steve picked me up and we headed to Rose's place to watch the girls so they could go to the temple. We had a good time watching them and no one fell and hit their head this time. Yeah hopefully doing better ;)
Well I hope all is well. Keep us posted. We love you all!!!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment