Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

Over Conference weekend we decided to go up to the cabin. Steve picket me up after work and we headed up. Rob came with us too. We stopped in Heber to get a few more groceries, then continued on up. Dave and Joann weren't able to make it up since they were busy getting things done for the wedding. I made dinner after we got up there, then we watched "Did you hear about the Morgans?" on tv w/ popcorn.


Beautiful sunset in the car as we were going up to the cabin


The next morning I made crepes for breakfast then we watched General Conference.

Crepes!!!!


After the morning session we did a few things around the cabin. Steve and robbed down a couple of dead trees in front of the kitchen, and chopped more wood, cleaned out the wood box, then filled it with new wood (getting ready for winter).

Steve chopping down a dead tree






Reorganized wood pile (done by Rob and Steve)


I made lunch during the afternoon session of conference, then Steve and Rob got ready for priesthood. They went down to Heber to listen to the Priesthood session, and I stayed at the cabin working on my school project. I also put a roast in the crockpot that morning, so I finished getting it ready to eat by the time they got home. I made rolls and gravy to go with the roast, potatoes, and carrots. It actually turned out REALLY good. Steve and Rob really liked it. I was still working on my project after dinner so they watched "True Grit."

The next morning I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast; yumm! We watched the morning session of conference, then went for a short ride to the creek behind the dam.

Yummy Cinnamon Rolls!


Beautiful landscape w/ all the fall colors






Strawberry Lake



Almost a Forget Me Not Flower :)








It was a nice relaxing weekend. Most importantly it was great to hear all the conference talks. There was a lot of good advice; something for everyone to learn. It seemed they talked a lot about readying the scriptures, in particular the Book of Mormon. No matter how many times you read that book, you can always read it again and again and still learn something from it everytime. I also liked President Packer's talk about not being afraid to live you life. We don't know when the second coming will be so we should live of life to its fullest, plan accordingly, and find joy in the journey. I'm looking forward to rereading them all :)

School has been going well for us. Steve has been busy keeping up with his homework and tests. I'm getting closer to finishing this class then only 2 more to go!

On Thursday I went and played volleyball. My 1st and 2nd counselor came also. It was a lot of fun. It was supposed to be co-ed against other wards, but we basically just mixed everyone and played for fun. I really enjoyed it other than I really beat up my knees. They're pretty bruised but they'll get better ;)


Cute Steve sewing his pants ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment