I finished with my capstone class last Thursday, August 25th, and let me tell you….it feels GREAT to get that out of the way! We presented our project to the staff of Devry and also to some of our teacher Matt’s friends who are in the business field. There were only 4 (myself, 1 guy and 2 other girls) of us in the group and in our class, so we all had to give 100% in order for it to work and to get it done in time. Unfortunately the guy in our group had to leave right as we were starting to give our presentation. He got a call just before saying his wife was in labor and going to the hospital, 7 weeks early. He went first but was kind of frazzled by the circumstances so I had to regroup and almost start us over again. After presenting they drilled us w/ questions, but overall I felt it went really well. We ended up getting an A in the class. I’m really glad I’m done it that class. It was a lot of work! I now have 3 more electives. I’m taking an online class called Event Planning and Management. It’s something I’m interested it; it should be fun!
Steve started classes at the University of Utah on the 22nd. He’s now taking his major classes so they should be more enjoyable for him. We decided to pick up another class so now he’s at 18 credits, 9 of which are for an EMT evening class which last 8 hours total. He really likes the class so far and is thankful he did medical assisting before, which is giving him a head start on a lot of things. We also found a bus route which picks Steve up just outside our place, takes him straight up to the U and drops him off about the same spot. So this will save him time traveling up (faster then the train) and he doesn’t have to drive anywhere so hopefully it will help us save money on gas. Saving some can definitely help especially since tuition costs are SOOO expensive at the U, seriously, over $4000 for one semester in state tuition, sheesh! Thankfully my job is allowing us to save for tuition costs and is still paying 90% of my schooling. We are blessed! I have nothing to complain about. ;)
Last Friday the 26th, Steve picked me up from work and we went to the Salt Lake Temple and did initiatories. I got to do 6 names, but unfortunately the men’s side was REALLY understaffed and Steve wasn’t able to do any. We were glad to make it to the temple though to feel the Spirit and peace. Afterwards we went home, changed, and then went to Red Robin for dinner. We then came home swam and watched a movie. It was an excellent date night!
The next day, Saturday, we had a branch BBQ at the church pavilion. It was fun! We had a pretty good turn out. We had hot dogs and chili and had everyone bring side dishes and desserts. We then played water balloon volleyball and had a slip and slide. Steve got a lot of the men to do the slip and slide w/ him while I played volleyball. After that we then went on a hike up to Donut Falls and invited a couple from the branch to go w/ us. We had a good time. Jana and I walked a little faster then Jon and Steve so we got there before they did. It was a nice enjoyable hike; so pretty. We then made a quick dinner than had them back over to go swimming and use the hot tub. It was a lot of fun!
This Tuesday we went w/ Ashley and James Dunkelberger to Thanksgiving Point's Garden, since it was $2 Tuesdays. We drove w/ them down then met another couple there and walked around looking at the beautiful flowers, ponds, and landscaping. My camera battery was dead from Yellowstone, and I haven't found my charger, so took these pics from my camera phone (not bad).
A pond w/ lots of lilly pads
On the other side of the ponds were LOTS of hungry fish!
Pretty flowers
The falls at the end of the gardens
After we got to the gardens we noticed their front right tire was bulging. They decided to drive home on it anyway. We told him to drive slow because it could blow anytime, but he wanted to get home so he was going about 60 mph. Well we got to about Sandy then it blew. It was lucky that no one hit us from behind or anything and we were able to get over to the right lane edge. When the tire blew it rubbed on the fender bender and actually tore it up also which made it rip up all the way to the window. It also hit the washer fluid so it was leaking all over the road. We then helped him change the tire to the spare and we lipped our way home w/ Steve holding the "wing" down and making sure we didn't get anyone. Thankfully they called their insurance the next day and since the damage was caused by the tire and the car didn't technically touch the ground, they covered it 100% w/ only a $100 deductible. It was an adventure, and definitely not something I'd like to do again. It was kinda scary. I guess Ashley has been asking James to get the tires changed for sometime now but obviously hadn't gotten around to it. Moral of the story is change your tires when they tell you to.....they're not kidding when they say your tires are bad and need to be replaced.
No comments:
Post a Comment