This week has been pretty busy but good. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind either......snow, rain, sunshine you name it.
I was in training all last week for my new position as CMR. It was good, but I'm glad it's over with. I'm ready to get started but unfortunately I still don't have access to all the systems I'm supposed to. Hopefully later this week I'll be up and running. I'm anxious to get started.
Monday Steve and I had a little date night/fhe. We watched Celebrity Apprentice during dinner, then went and did one of our home teaching assignments, then went and played racquetball. It was really fun! Steve said I'm getting better so it's getting more competitive (in a fun way). Afterwards we hit up the hot-tub----oh sooo nice!
Last Tuesday I had Relief Society training at the Tabernacle downtown. Since I work downtown I figured I'd just walk over after work. I had about 1 1/2 hrs in between work and when it started so I decided to go to the temple and do some initiatories. It worked out just right! I was able to do my 5 names then made it over to the Tabernacle w/ 10 minutes to spare. I met my secretary and 1st counselor there too. It was really good. Sister Beck, Allred and Thompson had some really good information to share on how to make our wards/branches function better when it comes to Relief Society.
Steve also went to the University of Utah for their Transfer Student Orientation. They had a lot of good information for him and he got signed up for 2 of his classes as well. After talking we decided to take 2 more classes at SLCC as well for the summer (since it's cheaper and he only needs a certain amount of upper division classes to graduate).
Wednesday after training I met w/ my new VT Coordinator for a couple hours and taught her some things I learned from the training we had the day before. I really liked what Sister Beck said about visiting teaching. She said, "It's the caring that counts. Count the caring." We're trying to help our sisters realized the importance of visiting teaching and to show real concern for the families they are assigned.
Thursday I also had Stake Leadership training, which was good also. The Stake RS Presidency focused on going back to the basics of Relief Society, which helped me a lot. I also talked to President Thorup (our branch president) afterwords for almost and hour about how to improve some areas of the Relief Society.
Friday was beautiful!!! We finished training early so we decided to go on a hike w/ Zach and Ali. They met us here, then we went to Subway to meet Rob, picked up a sandwich and chips, and went to the canyon. We hiked up Little Bell Reservoir, (our favorite hike if you couldn't tell), ate dinner, then fished a little. We then hiked back as the sun was setting, and rented a movie "The Tourist." It was a lot of fun; can't wait for summertime! Here are some pics.

Zach and Ali
Steve caught 3 fish in like 3 minutes! Nice job honey ;)
Steve and I at Little Bell
Saturday we slept in til 10, because we could and we were pretty tired from the week. We then listened to conference all day. There definitely was some good advice given during the talks (both days). Steve decided to make fly fishing flies while watching....multitasking I know!
Steve making flies while watching conference on Saturday
Sunday it was completely different (in terms of weather) to Friday. We had sooo much snow dumped on us over night it was crazy! Again we watched conference and enjoyed our time together. That night we went over to Jeff/Kim's and played "Ticket to Ride." It was fun!
We woke up to snow Sunday morning (big contrast from Friday's 72 Degrees)
There was a screw in the tire Monday morning.....urg, but luckily Steve fixed it for me while I was at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment