It's been a busy couple weeks but we wouldn't have it any other way. We're really excited for this week to come to a close though since we're leaving on our Alaskan Cruise!!!! Lots to get done from now til then but it'll be worth it. Here's what we've been up to the past few weeks.
Last Monday we had a fondue party at our place. We invited some of the members of our branch. We had cheese, chocolate and Carmel and lots of things to dip. It was really yummy and fun! We then played a game of Pictionary on our white board.....good times!
On Friday we got together w/ Zach/Ali and Dave/Melissa, had a little hot dog BBQ at our place then went and played badminton at a church park. It was really fun and quite the workout too. We then came back to our place and watched "Despicable Me."
Saturday Steve helped Carrie move while I did some things around the house and worked on RS stuff. That night we went to the temple and did a session; it was good like normal.
Sunday I was in charge of our 3rd Sunday get together. Joann heard we did fondue on Monday so she asked if we could do it on Sunday too; I said sure why not. So we did cheese, Carmel and chocolate again and soup w/ it to fill us up a little more. Afterwards we colored some eggs. I'd have to say it's been a while since I've colored eggs; it was actually pretty fun. Here are some pics from the activity.
Eggs we colored
Chocolate and Carmel Fondue
Tadah!!!

Eggs we colored, so fun!

Fondue dipping stuff

Steve and Jeff w/ the cheese fondue

This past week I finished up my online class. I took my final on Monday, which was nice to have it over with (it took 3 1/2 hrs). Tuesday I met w/ my supervisors (several of them new) and my Coordinator and went over our new ways of getting our "numbers" for visiting teaching. Sister Beck said it best this past training meeting. She said, "Count the caring; it's the caring that counts." We're trying to do just that. I think the new attitude will help get better results.
Thursday after work Zach and Ali came over and we had a steak dinner together. It was really nice and yummy. We then played Blokus 3-D; it was fun.
Friday I had off, which was great! I got caught up on a lot of things and got to spend some time w/ Steve. I went to a baby shower that night so Steve went w/ a guy in the branch and went fly fishing. They definitely enjoyed themselves ;)
Saturday Pauline and Chris picked us up and we went out to Rose's for their community Easter Egg Hunt. We did that one, then went back to Rose's and had lunch, then our own Egg Hunt, which I liked since we got candy this time :)
Steve and I w/ our Easter goods
The nieces w/ their Easter Sacks (Sophia, Ali, Char, Ava and Summer)
Steve and I at the Easter Egg Hunt
After Easter Egg hunting we played some games and just visited. It was fun! Pauline and Chris had to get home for a wedding and we went over to Dave and Joann's for dinner w/ Stacie and Phill. We had pizza then they had to take London home to get to bed. Since it was still daylight Steve decided to show us where he went fishing the night before, but brought his fly fishing gear along "just in case." Well while we were there they decided to cast a couple. It was a little chilly up the canyon but the view was breath taking.
Steve casting
Like father like son......getting ready to fly fish (up Big Cottonwood Canyon)
Yesterday after church we went over to Steve's sister Melanie's house for Easter dinner. Lunch was delicious and the company was great. There was also a little egg hunt for the kids. It was fun to be with family this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment