This was my first week in my new position. I had some system problems the first couple days, but by Wednesday I was up and going. So far so good. The conversations come pretty easy but there are always more things to learn over time. My new teams seems pretty fun and I enjoy working with them. Besides work I've also had more Relief Society things to do and visits to more new sisters in the branch.
Steve decided to withdrawal from his biology class so he doesn't affect his GPA. His teacher is ridiculous and makes her tests extremely hard. It sounds like 80-90% of the students are failing or barely passing. I think that says a lot about a teacher and how they teach. Oh well. The good thing is that he doesn't NEED this class but it sucks that we paid for it and it's way to late to just drop it.
Saturday we had a pretty busy day. At ten we went and help pack and clean an apartment of an inactive single mother in the branch. We've been her home teacher so we felt we should go help. We then hurried and showered, changed, grabbed a bagel for breakfast, then headed down to Utah County. At 1pm we went over to the Miles house for a light lunch and reunion. Borut Lakner, from Celje, actually got called to the SLC South mission, so we got together before he's going to the MTC on Wednesday. It was fun seeing some of the sisters and elders I served with, along w/ President and Sister Weight, Sister Ferre, and the Miles of course. Here was the group.
Missionary Reunion w/ Borut
After the missionary reunion we went down to visit Pauline, Chris and Char for a little bit. It was good chatting with them. We then went up to the BYU Art Museum to meet Steve's family to go through the Carl Bloch exhibit. It was really good, again! After that, we went over to Eve's new house in West Provo to see it then went out for dinner. We grabbed a quick bit to eat at Cafe Rio (yumm) then went to a comedy show at BYU. It was pretty funny, but I bet it would have been even funnier is we were single and attending the Y. Oh well, for $5 what can you expect. It was a fun eventful day needless to say.
Well I hope all is well. We heard Barb had her baby, yeah!!! Have a good week! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment