Well, first thing is first, I have a new calling. I was sustained in sacrament meeting and set apart after church as our new branch Relief Society President. I was actually called a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't official until today. I also had 2 sisters called as my counselors, but still don't have a secretary. I had the opportunity to bear my testimony both in sacrament meeting and in Relief Society. Steve also is teaching our Gospel Principles class (now that we have an "investigator" and soon to be new member). He does a great job!
I met w/ my new counselors after church; we're going to work well together. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited to serve in my new calling. I know the Lord qualifies whom he calls. Over the last couple weeks I have felt a great love for the sisters in our branch. Though we're in a branch, and a lot of us will be here only temporarily, we're really trying to get more unity and get people involved. I know we can get a more unified branch if we all just get involved and serve each other.
This evening we also had the Elders over to teach Ryan the 2nd lesson, the plan of salvation. The lesson went really well and Ryan is definitely ready for baptism. We are planning his baptism for this Saturday, the 20th at 11 am at our stake. We're really excited for him! Kind of funny, yesterday the Elders asked if Steve could just coordinate w/ the Relief Society president to make sure everything was taken care of. Steve said he definitely had it covered! Little did they know that I was actually going to be sustained today. So when they came over this evening, they were like, "Wow Steve you really have go it covered." Steve then let them know that I sustained today, so planning the baptism has actually been really easy. :)
Yesterday Steve and I went to the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting. It was good information and the new handbooks will definitely be helpful w/ our new presidency. Since my counselors weren't called til this morning, none of them came to the training. Afterwards, we went over to Steve's Grandma LuDean's w/ Rob. They helped put up the lights outside w/ Dave and I helped Diane w/ the decorations inside. It was fun spending time w/ them and working per say at the same time. Then last night we made some pizza and invited Rob over, along w/ our neighbors Dave and Melissa. We then played a couple games; it was a lot of fun.
Steve has been busy both at school and at work. He definitely liking his job and hopefully can start working full time come the new year. My work has been busy also. We have 2 weeks left of our campaign. So far so good, I just need to finish off strong and I'll qualify for another gift card, yeah ;)
Well, we hope all is well. We're praying for you. We are indeedly blessed. This is Christ's Church and He is definitely at the Head of it. The Lord works in mysterious ways. This is His Gospel! Here's a great quote by James B. Martino. "As we pass through the trials of life, let us keep an eternal perspective, let us not complain, let us become even more prayerful, let us serve others, and let us forgive one another. As we do this, 'all things [will] work together for good to [us] that love God' (Romans 8:28)." ("All Things Work Together for Good," Ensign, May 2010, 103)
Love ya,
Penny and Steve :)
Congrats! You will be absolutely wonderful. You are in tune with the spirit and that is what matters. I love hearing about all your adventures!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the confidence Chelsea!!! :)
ReplyDelete