Friday, November 19, 2010

Cafe Rio Pork and Rice


Here is the recipe for anyone interested.....

So....there's a million ways to make Cafe Rio Pork.....here's one that we like, enjoy ;)

Cafe Rio Pork
2 lb Pork Loin or Pork Roast (we use the tenderloin)
1 can Coke, not diet
1 c brown sugar
8 to 12 oz can red taco sauce
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teas minced garlic
1 teas dry ground mustard
cilantro, as much as you like (I used prob. 1/4 cup or so cut up)

Basically put in crock pot on low for 7-9 hrs or high for 4-6 hours. I cut the tenderloin in half to fit in crockpot, then turn over 1/2 way through if you need. Also the last hour or two shed the meat in order to let the juices get inside the meat. This time it turned out just right in terms of not too much juices we I actually didn't have to train any; just let it soak it up!

You can put it on whatever you like, but burritos or salads are our fav! We layer a tortilla, then cheese, rice, black beans. :)


Cafe Rio Rice

1 c rice
2 c water
3 cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 teas dried onion
1/4 bunch cilantro

Just put it all in your rice cooker (I just put as much water and rice that my cooker calls for, then add the rest. Once the rice is done you can squeeze fresh lime juice over the rice and mix lightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment