Friday Steve had to work late like usual. When I got home I cleaned and did laundry, then made some tacos and took them to Steve.
Saturday Steve had to work again from 9am to 10pm (long day I know). While he was gone I went to his cousin's kid's baptism w/ Dave and Joann. It was a really neat experience and the Spirit was strong. Afterwards, we went to lunch which was nice to spend more time together. When I got home I then did some grocery shopping, then went and dropped some dinner off for Steve on my way to the Temple. My sisters and I decided to go do a session together, but Pauline wasn't feeling too well, so just Rose and I went. We had a great time at the Temple; the Spirit was strong. We then went to Winco and did some grocery shopping. We then rented a Redbox and went home and watched it w/ Steve. Thankfully it was daylight savings, so we "gained" an hour.....since we stayed up til 2 am. :)
Yesterday we had church, which was also fast Sunday. It was a really good meeting. Steve and I both shared our testimonies. We also had an investigator, Ryan, there at church. He has actually been getting taught for about 4 months by other elders and just got turned over to our elders this week. He's been committed to baptism, so we're now just trying to work out the details. He started to study religion at school and his coworker suggested he read the Book of Mormon. Well after he started readying it, he felt the power of its message....and that's how it all started.
So, for Sunday school, we got together a group of people and had a Gospel Principle's class for him. It went really well. Steve and another branch missionary Otto taught the lesson; the 3rd lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then after church, we had Ryan over w/ the Elders. We just went over the baptismal questions. He really has a strong testimony of the Gospel it's amazing! The Lord really does work in miraculous ways. We're planning on the 20th for the baptism and are working on the details.
After the Elders left, I made some rolls and a chocolate cake. We then went up to Stacie and Phil's for dinner. They made a yummy roast, potatoes and carrots. We had dinner, played Blokus 3D, then watched Toy Story 3. It was fun to spend time w/ them and just enjoy hanging out. Here are some pics.
Here are the rolls
Chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting w/ choc. chips, choc. sprinkles and choc. crunchies
So chocolaty delicious!
Stacie gave London a sprinkle and a little while after she was really fussy. We then realized that she was wanting more sprinkles. So instead of just giving her some sprinkles we gave her a small piece of cake. This we technically London's first piece of cake, but she definitely wasn't shy or afraid to get messy. Here are some pics of her adventure w/ cake.
Trying it, being a little conservative
Fistfuls
Both hands now
Then she got it in her hair
See! She did a great job eating it all up.....besides the parts on her face and in her hair! ;)
Steve is just about done w/ the kitchen, so I'll post those pics once we get it done. Hope you all had a great week and have an even better one this week! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment