Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beautiful Weather!!!

Wow! Can you believe the beautiful weather we've been having this week? Me neither! So this week I ironically switched my schedule to 5 8 hour shifts, instead of the 4 10 hour shifts. Steve and I decided that we just haven't been seeing each other enough nor do we have much time to do anything but homework, so I decided to change my shift. I started taking 2 night classes last week, so I'd get home at 9:30 or 10 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, and the other nights I wouldn't get home until 7:30pm. So w/ the new switch, I get off at 4:30 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so I'm actually home by 5 pm! I still have classes on Tuesday/Thursday, but at least this way the other 3 nights we get to spend more time together.

So, today after I got home from work we went for a walk. With the time change and getting home a LOT earlier it was actually still light outside. We went on a walk to a couple stores and just enjoyed the evening! We then had dinner together (before 8 pm, crazy I know), did laundry, homework, etc. On Monday, we also had dinner together, rented the new Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs (sooo cute!), went to a bookstore, and had time to study our scriptures. There is just soooo much time to do things I can't believe it. We've also been making more of an effort to study our scriptures, more than just a verse, but actual study....and now we have more time for that too! We've already been seeing the blessing by making more time for spiritual matters. We are slower to anger and get frustrated w/ each other, and their is a stronger Spirit in our home. I am so thankful for the blessing we have and also now being able to spend more time together and have some "dates" too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What a great photo penny! Did you take this?

    I, too, have seen the benefits of making time to study the scriptures. It's simply wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Picture is very beautiful, makes me want to go hiking in the hills...

    ReplyDelete