Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Update....

I just wanted to give a quick update on what Steve and I have been up to these days, besides just loving life ;) For the most part, we have both been fairly busy w/ school and me at work. Steve is on the downward slope for his classed this fall. He's got another three weeks then he's done. Needless to say he's getting pretty excited to be done. He'll then have one more full semester of classes, then his intern per say and he can start working as a Medical Assistant!

I've been pretty busy at work. We've been in a campaign the past 8 weeks, so I've been working extra hard to do well. If we're in the top 30% nationally we qualify to receive gift cards of $500-$1500; pretty motivating eh? There's also a trip we could win and other "perk points" which we can use to buy stuff. We just got our last results in yesterday and I'm definitely in the top 30%, what spot exactly I won't know until Friday though. It's always nice to have your hard work pay off. Last campaign I used the gift cards to pay for gas, and we also went to a couple restaurants. Gotta love not have to pay it yourself.

I've also been busy w/ school. We're at our midterms this week. So far so good, I just need to keep pushing through and get them done. I should finish up the second week of December, so just after Steve, which will be nice for the Holidays.

We also bought a space heater recently. Our place gets pretty cold on the bottom floor, but we don't want to heat up the whole place when we're only in one room. We had Dave and Joann over last week for pizza and a movie and Joann got pretty cold, sorry Bojam (We watched the movie "Up" so cute!). We also had a guy come bid us on our windows this week. We need to replace them also since they're letting warm air out and cold air in; that will help w/ heating cost too. Another bonus is our hot tub. We just love it! It's huge too. We think it's 12 feet long and 8 feet wide, almost like a warm swimming pool. We go there every couple days to warm up and it's good for Steve's knee.

Oh, and on Sunday Steve and I gave talks in church. We talked about the Book of Mormon. We didn't have too much time to talk since they were putting in a new counselor in our branch presidency, but what can you do? Everyone said they enjoyed our thoughts at least and we got to study the Book of Mormon more intensely and deepen our testimony of it. We love that book!

We also had tithing settlement right after, and that night we went over to our neighbors (a couple in the branch) and played games. It was really fun to get to know others in the branch and relate to other young married couples. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment