Saturday, November 14, 2009

Winter is here!!!

Brrrr it's cold outside!!! It's been snowing all day practically, and I hate to admit it but I think Winter is finally here. This morning it was hard to get out of bed. It was cold outside and nice and warm in our bed, but we had signed up to help clean the church, so we forced ourselves out. We hurried and got dressed, then walked over to the church to help clean. There were 2 other couples that came, so we got done in a hour or so luckily.



Afterwards, Steve went to help his dad put the tracks on the ATV's and some other things, while I stayed home to do laundry and stuff. Lately I've been looking for some more crockpot recipes, so I printed some off of the Internet. While I was putting them in my recipe book, I found this recipe I got back in college from our bishop's wife, called Taco Soup. Since it was cold outside and warm soup sounded good, I decided to make it. It's sooooo easy and yummy! I just make taco meat like normal, then dumped everything in the crockpot on high for 1-2 hrs and vwala, you're done! Here's the recipe:


Taco Soup

1 lb Ground Beef
1 Medium Onion
1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
1 16 oz can corn w/ juice (I used frozen corn)
2 16 oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used 14 oz diced tomatoes)
1 8 oz tomato sauce (I used my mom's homemade tomato soup)
1 8 oz green chiles
(I also added 1 can of black beans)

Top w/ cheese and serve w/ tortilla chips. Enjoy! It's soooo easy, anyone can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment