Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend Fun!



This has been a fun weekend, full of events. Friday night we invited Eve and Aaron over to make pizza and play games. I made the dough Thursday night after class, then just put it in the fridge overnight. After work on Friday, Steve got the dough out and we let it rise for a while, then put the pizzas together. We made a Canadian bacon w/ pineapple one, and one w/ pepperoni. I also had some red peppers, so we added them to half of each. We also put string cheese in the crust to make a cheese crust, which was so yummy as well. We then ate the pizza and watched "Enchanted." We also had brownies and ice cream, so good ! When the movie was over we went to our hot tub and relaxed for a while. It was our first time going to our new hot tub, and let me tell you what....it's great! It's rather large actually and very cozy; we could fit our whole family in it. After a while, we then went back to our condo and played a couple games...Blokus and pig pile. We were having so much fun and actually ended up staying up pretty late.

The next morning, Steve woke up at 7 a.m. to go w/ his dad to the cabin to get the pontoon boats. Steve decided this week that for his birthday he wants to go fishing, imagine that. So he invited my dad and his dad to go the day after Thanksgiving. My parents are coming down for Thanksgiving this year, so it'll work out just great. Needless to say Steve is rather excited to go.

While Steve was out playing, I was home tiddying up and then went to Stacie's baby shower. It was really fun to see everyone there and especially for Stacie and Phill, I think they're getting pretty excited to have their baby girl come soon. On the way to the shower my "check engine" light came on, but since I was running a little late, I just called Steve and kept going. After the shower I went to Dave/Joann's where Steve was so they could look at my car. I popped the hood and we immediately noticed that the oil cap hadn't been put on properly. It was actually just sitting on top of the oil resevoir, and oil was all over. We then went and took it to Big O'Tires to have them look at it since they were the ones who serviced it a couple weeks ago. While they were looking at things, they also found that when I filled up the day before I hadn't fully tightenend the gas cap, so that would cause the light to come on too. Luckily both were easy fixes and they didn't cause any damage. It was such a relief to me.

A couple hours later, Dave/Joann picked us up and we went to the temple. We met everyone there to do a session. We decided this year for Christmas we wouldn't do gifts, but instead just do service, temple service. After we all got there we went in for the session. It was a really neat session and it was neat to have everyone in the family there together, in the Temple.

Today at church, I lead the music in sacrament meeting again. Then after the 2nd hour, Steve and I went to a rehabilitation hospital where Steve helped bless the sacrament and also gave short talk. Our branch goes over every week to help their even smaller branch. The sacrament meeting only lasted a half hour, but it was still neat to experience. We then went w/ another guy and took the sacrament to those who were in rooms that couldn't attend. We both enjoyed the opportunity to serve and help others experience the blessing of taking the sacrament.

Well, it was an eventful week and this week will be the same. We've actually got talk assignments in our branch this week and of course the normal stuff.....school and work. I'm really enjoying my schedule and spending more time at home w/ Steve. Love ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment