Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BBQ Crockpot Chicken

So while writing my paper I decided to make some BBQ Chicken. I didn't have chicken broth, so I just added a little water, and instead of cayene pepper I put in pepper spices, which gave it a little "zing." It actually turned out really yummy. I just cooked up some rice and poured it over it, along w/ some veggies as a side dish. I put the chicken in frozen on high for like 3 hrs and then shredded it right before eating it. Also.....I used what I had, which was only 2 chicken breasts, 1 can of tomatoes, 3/4 bottle of bbq sauce, and just spices. Check it out!



BBQ Crockpot Chicken Recipe


Ingredients
* 3 large chicken breasts (I use frozen)
* 1 bottle barbecue sauce
* 2 cans of tomatoes ( oregano basil garlic flavor)
* 1 large onion chopped
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper
* chicken broth to cover chicken

Directions
1. put all ingredients in crockpot on low and cook for 8 hours
2. uncover for last hour to let sauce reduce and thicken

1 comment:

  1. Dear Penny, I just found your blog! So I added you to my family list. Looks like you and Steve are doing well, it is fun to see what you have been up to. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete