
Just thought I'd share this! Yesterday after work, Steve met me at the temple to do initiatories. We had to wait 30-45 minutes to get in, but it was definitely worth it. I picked up the scriptures and started to read where it opened up to, which was in the book of Abraham. I was reading in chapter 3 about Kolob and then turned the page to the facsimile no. 2. I usually just skip this part and keep reading, but I decided to read it for some reason. As I was reading it, I really started to understand it's message. All of those diagrams and symbols are basically talking about the temple. As I was sitting in the temple it really hit me of its symbolism; it was like my own little epiphany of the temple while is was in the Temple! http://scriptures.lds.org/en/abr/fac_2
I then went and did the initiatories. I had a name, Maria Diaz, which was from Spain from 1555! Talk about waiting a long time to get your work done! I also had one from South Africa, which was a first for me as well. It was pretty busy so we went kinda slow getting done, but it was nice taking our time and enjoying the Spirit in the Temple. Steve and I got done at about the same time so it was ok.
We then went home. Steve worked on some homework and I got caught up on emails. We then had our scripture study together and talked about what I read in the temple. We had a really good discussion again. Man I love the scriptures and the Temple!
I then went and did the initiatories. I had a name, Maria Diaz, which was from Spain from 1555! Talk about waiting a long time to get your work done! I also had one from South Africa, which was a first for me as well. It was pretty busy so we went kinda slow getting done, but it was nice taking our time and enjoying the Spirit in the Temple. Steve and I got done at about the same time so it was ok.
We then went home. Steve worked on some homework and I got caught up on emails. We then had our scripture study together and talked about what I read in the temple. We had a really good discussion again. Man I love the scriptures and the Temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment