"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Sunday, March 3, 2024
Last week of February, start of March
February has come and gone, and we are now into March. This week's weather was typical, in that one day it's Spring, and the next we're back to Winter. We're looking forward to Daylight Savings this next weekend for more sunshine after school/work. You know how the saying goes, "March comes in like a lion, out like a lamb." Here are some highlights of the last week of February and start of March.
Monday, February 26th, I went rode the train into work. It was our "Connect week" so I went in the whole week. We got a little bit of snow this week. Our oven also stopped working. I was baking cupcakes w/ Hudson last week and heard a weird sound coming from it. I looked at the bottom of the oven and it looked like a small fire (orange color), so I turned it off. I was using the convection, so I changed it to the regular oven. The sound stopped and thankfully I was able to finish the cupcakes. A couple days later, I wanted to see if it did it again and show Steve, so I turned on the oven. The temperature said it was at 350 degrees, so I put the cookies in and cooked them. The first batch went normal, but then the 2nd batch was taking FOREVER to bake. I finally adjusted the temperature and it said it was only 200 now, instead of 350. I cranked it up again, and finally got the cookies done.
Steve took the oven apart the next day, and sure enough, the element had burned out, not only in 1 spot, but 2!!! He watched some Youtube videos to see how to replace it, got the new part, and replaced it! Good work Steve! Though the part was covered by the manufacturer, we'd have to wait a couple months they said to get the part, so Steve just went and picked it up himself and replaced it himself. I'm thankful to have the oven back and running again. It definitely warms up quicker now too. Not sure how long it has been going out.
The bottom element that broke in the oven. Waiting for the train in Draper, then passing the SLC Temple while riding to work.
I hurried home from work on Monday for a joint appointment, then we had activity days at the church. I asked Steve to teach the boys how to tie a couple knots. He went all out and had them test their knots and see if they could lift a weight on the basketball hoop, tied to a pully. They had a great time and Steve did awesome!! I appreciate Steve for helping and teaching it so much better than I could. Hudson and Nyles came as well. Hudson wanted to hold my partner's little boy Taft the whole time. Sydney Evans is our neighbor (just a couple houses over). She as 4 boys and we have 3, so they love to play together. Ironically, Sydney grew up by Steve, so they knew each other from their childhood. Her mom lives close to Steve's parents still. It's great to have them in the neighborhood.
Hudson holding Taft. Steve teaching the boys how to tie some knots.
Testing out their knot, and pulling up the weight. Showing their knots.
Hudson woke up w/ croup that night. Thankfully we still had 1 dose of steroid medicine, so Steve gave it to him and Hudson was able to breath again and go back to sleep. Steve made a Dr. appt that morning to check him out, and get more refills of the steroid medicine. Dr. Erickson confirmed he had croup, but since we already knew, he said he wouldn't charge us for coming in, and also refilled the prescription. Dr. Erickson has been the boys Pediatrician since Nyles was born. We're thankful to have amazing Drs that we do. Hudson was of course ornery all day, and nothing would keep his attention for more than a few minutes. Steve said he finally took him for a drive and he fell asleep in his car-seat.
We also found out that they are closing the Draper Premier Martial Arts, which is right by us. This was the last week it'll be open, so next week we'll have to go over to the Riverton one. We're not happy about this of course. We have loved the convenience of being so close to it and they have it 2xs/week for 1 hour. Nyles is so close to finishing his black belt though, so we'll continue on. They have a graduation and belt advancement at the end of this month. Then the next one in June, Nyles should get his black belt! We'll see if Carter wants to continue or not after Nyles is done.
Nyles and Carter w/ their instructor Thomas. Hudson asleep in the car, sick w/ Croup. Silly Steve likes to wrap a blanket around him as he goes outside w/ Piper right before bed.
The next day, Steve took Hudson on another walk after picking up Nyles/Carter from school. They played in the circle w/ the neighborhood kids while Steve walked around the neighborhood w/ Hudson. Thankfully he got a 1/2 hour nap in.
Hudson asleep in the stroller. Awesome poem from Nyles.
Thursday, Steve went and visited w/ all 3 boys teachers for Parent Teacher Conferences. He met w/ Hudson's teaching that morning, then once I got off work, he went to visit w/ Carter's and Nyles' teachers. Hudson and I stayed home. He wanted to make cookies and do puzzles. Thankfully the oven is working great now! We had fun! All of the boys are doing well and trying their best in school. We are so proud of them and their progress!
Making cookies and doing puzzles.
We had a couple days of sunshine, so more of our Crocus flowers are blooming. So pretty!
Thursday was also a leap day, February 29th! The past 3 leap days/years I've been pregnant w/ the boys. They were all born on a Lear Year: 2012, 2016, and 2020, which also is a Presidential Campaign year. I always had to add in the leap day when calculating my due date. I remember the past 3 leap years really well, due to my pregnancies. I'm thankful not to be pregnant this leap year ;)
The kids didn't have school on Friday. They found a new activity to play in the circle w/ the neighborhood kids, hitting a tennis ball around to each other. That night, Steve and Nyles went up to Midway to Melanie/Brandon's place for a young men "campout." They had pizza and then went over planning for the rest of the year. They then watched a movie and went to bed.
Hudson and Carter passing the tennis ball w/ others in the circle. The Young Men planning.
Carter, Hudson and I stayed home while Steve and Nyles were up at Midway. Saturday morning, they helped me change our bedsheets. Piper wanted to help as well ;) They thought it would be fun to build Piper a fort :) Thankfully Piper is very patient w/ the boys when they play w/ her.
Steve and Nyles got back by noon on Saturday. The wind was picking up and it started to snow on their way down. We were all getting super strong winds all night and they continued most of the day as well. After they got home, Steve took Carter to a birthday party at a Ninja Warrior place.
Carter and Nyles at the birthday party. Cute Carter w/ his ninja mask. They stopped at Costco afterwards for a few things, and found a cool Stitch Lego set.
It started to snow while they were out. We ended up getting at least 4 inches. My flowers look so sad w/ the snow on them ;( Steve picked up more yummy Cara Cara oranges. They are super yummy. Steve eats them like candy, in that he eats several a day.
Sunday morning, I woke up w/ a sore throat, so I stayed home from church and our family dinner that night. Steve took the boys to church that morning, and to the family dinner, while I stayed home. This memory came up today. Phill had them recreate it tonight. Conor and Nyles were about 6 months old in the first picture, now they're 11.5 years old. I'm so glad they can grow up together. Cute boys ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment