Monday, March 11, 2024

First full week of March

This past week was a little long.  Hudson and I were both sick all week.  Here are some highlights.

Hudson enjoying his yogurt (he got it down all by himself from the fridge w/ his chair).  The next day, Hudson fell asleep on the couch while watching a show.  Nyles and Carter doing PMA now at the Riverton studio, since they closed the one by us in Draper.  Great quote.

Tuesday Steve and I took Hudson for a walk.  He was eating his Fun Dip Candy, but then fell asleep.  He even stayed asleep for a while after we got back in the house.

Wednesday morning, I completely lost my voice.  I could only get a small whisper out.  I rearranged several things in my schedule so I didn't have to talk much, mostly just chatted w/ people.  Hudson seemed to be doing better though, so Steve took him to the rec center for a preschool activity.  Ironically our neighbor, Sydney Evans, was there w/ her 3 year old Tate and baby Taft.  Hudson was so excited to see baby Taft especially.  Steve used it as a motivation for Hudson, so when he got done w/ his class he got to hold baby Taft.  He was so excited!  

Hudson enjoying the preschool games, then holding baby Taft.

That night, Steve took Nyles to a maturation program at the middle school.  Hudson, Carter and I went over to the Elementary school to play for a while, then Steve met us there.  Pretty flowers in bloom in the yard.  They're trying to encourage it to be Spring!

On Thursday, Hudson and I were both still feeling sick, so we decided to go to the Drs.  I still didn't have a voice, and since I was supposed to teach Relief Society on Sunday, I wanted to see if I could get something to help.  I went to the Sandy Instacare downstairs, then Steve took Hudson upstairs to the Pediatrician's office.  The Dr. basically said I had adult Croup (so caught it from Hudson), which attacked my throat/voice.  The Dr. gave me a steroid, prednisone, to help w/ my voice.  Hudson's Dr. said he still had Croup, which apparently is lasting up to 4 weeks for some patients.

Hudson fell asleep while waiting for the Dr.  Later that night he was out pretty quickly.

Steve and I decided to order bikes for ourselves, so we can ride w/ the boys.  Mine was delivered that afternoon, so we went out for a quick ride around the neighborhood.  It's definitely been a while since we both rode bikes.  Our legs haven't used those muscles in those ways for a while, that's for sure.

More beautiful Crocus blooming in our yard.

Saturday morning we went and played pickleball.  Rob met us there also and played w/ us.  After lunch we took our bikes out and rode about 3 miles.  It was a lot of fun!

Saturday evening Carter also had a soccer game.  He scored the 1st goal again.  Good work Carter!
We are loving the Cara Cara oranges.  We all eat several every day.  So yummy!

On Sunday, thankfully my voice came back enough, after 4 days, and I was able to give my lesson in Relief Society.  It was from Sister Runia's talk called "Seeing God's Family through the Overview Lens.  It's such a great talk/lesson.  I encourage you all to read/listen to it again.  There are so many great things to learn/apply.  We had a great discussion, so thankfully I didn't have to talk much.

The "Overview Effect," looking at Earth through space, encouraging us all to "zoom out" in life and our circumstances.  Cute text about Hudson in Primary.  Silly Piper laying on our pillow.  Nyles helped Steve made smoked brisket for dinner.

Sister Tamara W. Runia, "Remember, families are a God-given laboratory where we’re figuring things out, so missteps and miscalculations are not just possible but probable. And wouldn’t it be interesting if, at the end of our lives, we could see that those relationships, even those challenging moments, were the very things that helped us to become more like our Savior? Each difficult interaction is an opportunity to learn how to love at a deeper level—a godlike level."

No comments:

Post a Comment