"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Monday, February 26, 2024
3rd Week of February
Here are some highlights from the 3rd week of February. We had a "short" week due to President's Day on Monday.
Tuesday, Steve took Hudson to the Aquarium. That night he took Carter and Hudson to Classic Skate for free as part of Sprucewood Elementary's PTA night (Hudson goes to preschool there). Nyles went to YMs that night, and I stayed home to work on my Relief Society Lesson.
Wednesday night after work, I was able to go over to the temple and do initiatories. Thursday night Steve and Nyles were able to perform baptisms for the dead. Our Crocus are starting to bloom!
Dave/Joann let us borrow their piano for a little bit. Carter was SOOO excited to play it. I've enjoyed playing as well. Silly Hudson sitting in a toy bin.
Friday afternoon, Steve picked up the boys after school, went and picked up Joann, and then met Dave/Carrie/Lynsie at the zoo.
Checking out the sea lions.
I had late night that Friday, so I worked until 6pm. A pretty purple crocus in bloom in our yard.
Getting the sea lion's attention.
Carter especially was able to get their attention. He definitely has a way w/ animals.
Saturday morning, Steve took Carter and Nyles up to Farmington Bay to rebuild duck/geese nests as a service project. While they were gone, Hudson and I changed the sheets on our bed. Piper was a big help as you can see :) Hudson also played w/ the tape measure after I measured how tall he was.
Hudson and I also went to the library, then to the park.
Steve and the boys ready to do their service project.
They joined a husband/wife on their airboat to get to the duck/geese nests.
Restocking the nests.
All done. They got a quick lunch there, then headed home.
After Steve/Nyles/Carter got home, we had lunch, then went and played pickleball together for a little while. Then at 4pm Carter had another soccer game. He made the 1st goal for their team again! He also did awesome blocking shots as well while playing goalie for their team. They all played great! Dave/Joann were able to come as well, which was awesome.
Carter and his team playing soccer!
On Sunday, Nyles was also called to be the 2nd counselor in the Deacon's Quorum. He also passed the sacrament and was excited to pass to "our row." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment