Sunday, March 19, 2023

1st half of March

I can't believe we are half way through the month of March already.  I need to finish updating about our cruise/trip, but I also need to update what's been going on since we got home.  

When we got home Saturday, Nyles and I started not feeling well.  Aunt Diane also wasn't feeling well.  She tested for Covid that night and it showed up positive.  We tested as well but it showed negative.  Nyles and I ended up staying home from church Sunday.  Steve took Carter and Hudson w/ him to church so Nyles and I could rest.  That afternoon Nyles was feeling better, but I was still feeling pretty yucky overall.  

We got more snow when we got home.  Great quote.  Cute Hudson watching Piper chew on her bone.

Sunday evening, Steve took the boys down to Jeff/Kim's for our monthly family dinner, while I stayed home to rest some more.  They wore masks (minus Hudson) just to be cautious.

Cute Hudson playing the piano w/ his cousin Noah.  More snow.

Carter taking a selfie showing he can touch his nose w/ his tongue.  The boys had online learning Monday.  Carter did a drawing of a Jaguar; awesome work Carter!

I managed to work Monday through Wednesday, though I was coughing a lot and putting clients on mute while I coughed.  My throat was really hurting, I was really stuffy, tired, and coughing up green stuff.  Steve and I tested for Covid several times, but they came up negative, so we figured I had a cold of some sort.  Since my throat was still hurting on Wednesday though, Steve talked me into going to see the Dr. in case it was Strep throat or something that needed antibiotics.  So that afternoon we went.  Nyles had a Primary activity that afternoon, so we asked if Carter could come w/ him while we went to the Dr.

So I was tested for several things.  The MA peaked her head in to tell the Dr. of my test results.  I heard the word "positive" so I asked if it was the flu.  The Dr. then said, "No, it's Covid."  Both Steve and I were surprised!  As soon as we got back home, we tested again, and we BOTH showed up positive for Covid!

Nyles and Carter made marshmallow temples at their activity.  Our positive Covid tests.

We tested the boys as well for Covid, but they showed up negative.  Hudson had a fever for a day as well, but again never showed up positive when we tested for Covid.  I took Thursday and Friday off work to try to rest.  

Cute Hudson, though he wasn't feeling well.  We tried to watch a movie one night, all wearing masks.

Cute Hudson wanted to be an astronaut to go to the moon, so we cut out a hole in a box.  
We also have our Crocus starting to pop up! 

I missed my Primary Activity the following Monday (since I was still sick), so we did it together as a family instead.  I made sugar cookies and we made mini fruit pizzas.  All the boys loved them!

More Crocus.  Carter and Hudson enjoying another fruit pizza and ice cream the next day.

Cute Hudson playing w/ a toy phone in bed, the another day just sleeping.

Steve called the Dr. the day after we testing positive w/ Covid.  The Dr. put him on Paxlovid since he has asthma and to help get him better hopefully quicker.  The Dr. didn't want to put me on it since they felt I was healthy enough to fight it on my own.  Steve tested 6 days later, and he showed up negative from Covid.  I went back to work the following week, thankfully still at home.  I was supposed to go into the office, but since I was positive w/ Covid, they wanted me to stay home of course.
 
Steve's negative test.  Hudson showing us his dinosaur "roar".  
Later we got rain, which melted all the snow.

Cute little Hudson w/ his diaper showing, which says "I woke up."  So cute.  
The Crocus in full bloom!  We're getting excited for Spring!

Hudson playing w/ Mickey in bed.  One night he wasn't feeling well so we went into his room several times.  He wanted to drink a lot of milk, then went back to bed.  Cute boy.

Hudson reading in his bed after his nap.  He loves the moon and rockets!


Friday after work we went outside to play.  
Hudson was excited to get outside and play in the sandbox, and on our playset.

Hudson also went down the slide all by himself!  Good work Hudson!

Nyles had some martial arts testing that afternoon in order to move on to his next belt color.  He had to do so many pushups and sit-ups in 2 minutes.  Carter went with him and ended doing them as well.  One hour later we took them to Draper Park to run a mile.  Nyles was supposed to run the mile in under 11 minutes 30 seconds.  Carter decided to run w/ Nyles for support.  He ended up running ahead of Nyles and finished it in 10 minutes 58 seconds.  Nyles did it in 11 minutes and 15 seconds.  They did awesome!  We then stayed at the park and played a while longer while the sun was still out.  We had daylight savings this week, so now it doesn't get dark until 7:30pm, which is great!

Hudson on the swing at the park before they started running. 
Then we walked over to watch Nyles and Carter run the mile.

Steve also smoked 2 beef roasts Friday as well for Saturday.  It finished that evening after we got back from the boys testing.  Nyles and I helped pull it apart.  Steve put on Nyles' poncho and his Lego boat just to tease him a little.  Saturday afternoon Steve and I went to the Draper temple and did a session.

Dave came over to watch the boys so we could go to temple.  Hudson was taking his nap while we were gone.  Dave brought his fly fishing reels and taught Nyles and Carter how to use them.  He had hula hoops on the lawn so they could use it as a target.  They loved it!  Thanks Dave!  Joann came a little later and helped watch the boys.

Saturday evening we had a surprise birthday party for Joann.  We had already planned to have dinner w/ them for her birthday, but then invited the rest of the family but kept it quiet.  We barely pulled it off, but did surprise her.  We brought the beef Steve smoked for tacos.  The kids had fun playing together.  Diane had a fun game for everyone and made her yummy chocolate Texas sheet cake.  So fun!

Hudson trying a CryBaby for the first time.

Silly Piper w/ her ball.

Carter finally lost his tooth!  It's been loose for a long time, but Steve pulled it out today after church.
Cute Hudson playing w/ my laptop cord treating it like a phone ;)

Sunday after naps, we played outside.  First in the backyard.

Then we went to Little Cottonwood Canyon.  We wanted to walk around the temple quarry, but it was still covered in snow and blocked off. So we turned around and went to Little Bell.  They put in a new parking lot and area last Summer, so we wanted to check it out.  It has some really nice viewing areas and walking paths.

There are also really great views of the temples, Jordan River, Oquirrh and the new Taylorsville one that should be done soon.  It was nice to get outside and enjoy the beauty around us from a different view.  The world is beautiful!

It was a good week, but rough as well.  Steve and I are getting better, me on the slower side.  Last Sunday, my cousin's 2 year old boy drowned in their pool.  They were able to get his heart beating again and had him on support, but later found out he had permeant brain damage with no brain activity.  They decided to selflessly donate his organs to other children who could use them.  Though he is no longer w/ us, the lives he touched will always be felt, especially to the families he saved w/ his donation.  We all cried and prayed for them this whole week.  

Times like this remind you of how fragile life is, and short in many ways.  I held my boys, and Steve, a little more this week.  I'm thankful for the knowledge we have of our Savior and the Plan of Salvation.  I know through our Savior he can help us through difficult times and heal our hearts.  I also know, though it's not easy, we can one day see each other again and be together as families forever.

Great quotes.










No comments:

Post a Comment