Saturday, December 1, 2012

December is Here!!!

Can you believe that December is here?  November went by sooo quickly.  Christmas will be here in only 24 more days, wow!  Before you know it the new year will be here.

Well I've been back to work for 3 weeks now.  Things are going well and we've got a routine going for the most part.  Nyles is doing better also, now that he's used to being w/ Steve more and having him feed him a bottle.  Luckily I've had some vacation days so I've had a day off or so each week, which has been really nice especially for Nyles I think. 

On the 13th I had a RS meeting where we made apple pies.  After I got home from work I fed Nyles then we bathed him and got him ready for bed.  Steve then stayed w/ him while I went to our meeting.  We had about 15 women come, which was a pretty good turn out.  We played a get to know you activity since we have a lot of new sisters in the branch again, then had Patty show us how to make and shape the crust.  We then each made 2 small pies and took them home to bake.  It was fun.

On Wednesday the 14th Steve had class like normal, but I had to go to a home and visiting teaching meeting.  So after I got home from work I hurried and fed Nyles, then loaded him up and went to the church for my meeting.  Thankfully Nyles was really good and eventually fell asleep.  After the meeting I brought him home and put him to bed.  I know its not easy on him taking him to and from meeting, but I'm very grateful he's tolerant most of the him of our schedules, especially mine with my calling.


The rest of the week went well.  I took a 1/2 a day off Thursday and all day Friday in order to help Steve with Nyles so he could study for a test and do homework.  It was nice to be home and take care of Nyles, and of course as Steve would say Nyles behaved himself for me. ;)  Steve was able to get a lot of homework done and did well on his test as well. 

That Saturday Steve went with his friends Rob and Josh up by the cabin to hunt coyotes.  They saw a couple and even shot at some, but didn't get any.  While he was gone Nyles and I cleaned the house and went and did some grocery shopping.

Silly Nyles was so tired he put the playpen on his head :)

On Sunday November 18th I had meetings as usual in the morning.  Then after church we had our munch and mingle.  We then came home, fed Nyles, then headed over to LuDean's for the "honoree dinner" where I was the one being honored.  I invited Rose to come since Mom and Dad of course couldn't come.  Pauline was in Colorado for Thanksgiving or she would have come also.  The honoree dinner is something Steve's family has done for quite a while now.  They spotlight one member of the family and then each person gets to say something they appreciate about that person then give them something that reminds them of that person.  It's a way to show gratitude for each family member; it's really neat.  We had Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and salads, then started the "honoree" part.  Rose had to leave to go get the girls so we let her go first.  I wish she could have stayed longer but regardless I was really glad she could come, even for a few minutes.  It was really nice to hear the kinds words from everyone.  I really appreciated it!

Work went well up to Thanksgiving, then of course I had Thanksgiving off.   It was pretty low key, which was nice.  We went up to Steve's parents house along w/ Rose and his Aunt Diane.  LuDean had a cold and wasn't feeling well so didn't come.  She also didn't want to expose JoAnn since she had surgery on her shoulder the day before (poor thing).  We had a good feast, then had pie that Rose made, yumm, and ice cream.  We then played a game of "Ticket to Ride: then looked at the Black Friday ads.  Nyles was good the whole time, mostly slept and/or just sat in the bouncy seat while we played.  It was a good Thanksgiving!  We have so much to be thankful for.  I feel sooo blessed this year, especially with the arrival of our cute baby boy Nyles.

Holding onto daddy's hand


The next day I went to work until 2 pm, then our site closed for the day, which was nice.  Steve then picked me up at work and we headed to Best Buy to see if we could get a free Android phone.  We got there and they said they had plenty of the free phones still, so we stood in line to get yours.  We had been waiting since May to upgrade our phones but wanted to wait for a good "deal" before we did so.  This was definitely the best deal in that the phones would have cost $800 each otherwise.  I'm so excited to get a nice phone which actually runs quickly.  It will also be easier for me to keep up on emails and other tasks for Relief Society on the go. 

Since it was going to be a while, I took Nyles out to the car and fed and changed him.  We then got back and strolled around the store a while longer then it was our turn.  We got our new phones after waiting an hour and a half in line, then went to meet Rob at a gun place.  He was wanting to find a new gun to go hunt coyotes, but they didn't have anything he was looking for.  We then went to Red Robin's for dinner w/ Rob, then back to our place to put Nyles down for bed.

Our new smartphones, Android Razr Maxx
 
Saturday Steve went hunting for coyotes again w/ Rob.  Again they saw a couple and shot at them but didn't get any.  They even called in a red fox ;)  That night we were planning to go to Cameron's 3rd birthday party, but Nyles wasn't feeling well and wanted to go to bed early (at 6pm).  We think he's getting some teething in because he's drooling and likes a cold washcloth in his mouth.  I guess we'll see.

On Sunday the 25th I had pec in the morning, then we had our home teacher over right after church.  We then back to the church for tithing settlement which was good.  I also learned we have more to spend on our Branch Christmas Party which is a big relief.  Since Joann is still recovering we thought we'd help w/ dinner.  She had actually made lasagna before so Dave warmed that up and I made rolls, green bean casserole and rhubarb crisp.  We stayed and chatted for a little while then headed home to put Nyles to bed.

 Nyles loves bath time!


I went to work on Monday like normal then Steve left for class at 5pm.  Dave and Melissa Thomas came and watched Nyles until I got home.  Things were going well until about 9pm that night.  Nyles went to bed and I made Steve some dinner.  He got out a little early and was home shortly after 9pm.  About this time my stomach really started to hurt.  After Steve ate dinner I took a shower and got ready for bed.  My stomach continued to hurt and before I knew it I was throwing up all night.  No matter what position I was in my stomach kept hurting; it was awful!  I stayed home the next day since I was still nauseous every time I stood up.  I was still pretty weak on Wednesday so I stayed home again. 

On Thursday I was feeling a lot better and actually got ready for work and got to the train station when Steve called and asked me to come home.  He was now throwing up and not feeling well.  It was good that I came home because he was weak like I was and it would have been hard for him to take care of Nyles.  He slept most of the day while I took care of Nyles and cleaned up the house.  I felt really bad especially since it was his birthday too!  We had planned to celebrate it on Friday though so I already had the day off.  I know he wasn't feel well, but I had already put together a "Birthday Bag" for him of his favorite things.  Thankfully he's been feeling better the last couple days and has been able to enjoy some of his goodies.  I also got him a Bocce set to play, hopefully while the weather is still nice outside.

 Steve with his "Birthday Bag"

"Favorite things"

 Well we're getting for Steve to get done with his classes.  He should be getting done these next couple weeks then he'll be done with his Bachelors Degree!!!!  That will be such a relief!  We're also excited to go up and visit my family around Christmas time.  My sister Anna and her family are actually moving there right now and should be there by Sunday or Monday.  Her husband Chris got a job in Twin Falls.  It will be nice to have them close by after being so far away for so long.  It will be fun to have Christmas with Nyles this year also, even though he doesn't understand what's going on or anything.  Well, have a great week and let the Christmas music play all month long!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment