Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to Work

Well today I officially went back to work after having 3 months to be home w/ Nyles.  Ironically today is also my 5 year anniversary of working at Fidelity.  Nyles is also 3 months old today!  It was fun to see everyone from work again and catch up a little bit, but of course I missed cute little Nyles.  Steve said he was a real "pill" this morning when I left.  I guess he just kept crying and didn't want to take the bottle or nap, though he was both hungry and tired.  After he finally relaxed and took his first nap he was a lot better.  Steve said he ate really well and slept really well, like he normally does.

I took the train to work like normal, which was nice so I could read my scriptures and relax a little.  I mainly just got caught up today, sorting through emails and getting access to my systems again.  I also had some trainings to do, so it was pretty relaxed.  The main difference was fitting in times to pump.  Luckily our office has a "mother's room" so I was able to do it in a nice private place.  Since Steve needed to leave by 5:15pm to get to his class and I don't get home until 5:50pm we asked our neighbors to come over and sit w/ Nyles until I got home.  Nyles was pretty happy to see me, but also tired and hungry.  After our neighbors left my 1st counselor came over briefly to bring us dinner, which was really sweet of her.  I then gave Nyles his bath, fed him and put him to bed.  He didn't even fuss at all.  He was exhausted and went right to bed!

Nyles new trick...trying to get his fist in his mouth ;)

Yesterday morning I had my PEC meeting at 7:30am.  After it was over I came back and picked Steve and Nyles up and went back to the church.  Since it had been snowing the past couple days the roads were REALLY slick.  A lot of people were sliding around.  After church we came home, I fed Nyles and made us some lunch, then headed back to the church to meet w/ our branch president.  When I got home the 3 of us took a nap, Nyles in his bouncy seat by our bed.  We then made dinner and enjoyed each others company. 

It's snowing....this was only the first day though

Taking a nap enjoying the snow ;)

On Saturday the 10th, I was able to get caught up on many things.  I did the laundry, got groceries, and made posters for our Branch Christmas Party.  After getting back from grocery shopping, I quickly made some dinner then we got ready to go to the temple.  Dave was kind enough to come over and sit here after we put Nyles down to sleep.  He woke up a couple times shortly after we left, but then stayed asleep the rest of the time.  We made it just in time for the last session at the Jordan River Temple.  There was only about 8 men and 8 women in our session, of which we were the actual only couple.  We were asked to be the witness couple, which was neat.  The temple worker was really grateful we came.  I didn't even pass out this time ;)  It was really neat to be there, especially in the temple and celestial room so late in that it was really quiet.  This was the first time we got to do a session together since having Nyles.  It was great to be back in the House of the Lord doing His work.

The weekend before we went up to Boise to see my sister Barbara's little girl Calley get blessed.  It was fun to see her and her cute family.  While we were up there we also got to go through the Boise, Idaho Temple Open House.  It has been closed the past year and a half for remodeling.  Ironically it was originally dedicated when I was about 5 months old so I don't remember going through it w/ my family.  The changes they made are incredible.  It is gorgeous inside and out.  The outside is new stone also.  Steve and I will have to go back and do a session sometime.

Boise, Idaho Temple after remodeling


I went through the open house w/ Pauline and her family, Rose and Haley.  I also carried Nyles in w/ me.   It was neat to have him in the temple.  My mom and aunt Sherri were outside w/ Nyles while we went through the chapel part, but then he woke up from his nap and was hungry, so I hurried and fed him while Pauline and Rose waiting in line to go through.  Since it was a Saturday it was rather busy, but they kept the line moving as quickly as possible.  Before we went to the open house we all went w/ Barb's family and ate out at Chuck-O-Rama.  I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food tasted.  We went home that night, then came back w/ Steve, my dad and Grandma Hegerhorst the next morning.

Nyles' newest cousin Calley Mae (they are 6 weeks apart)

Cute Dallin wanted to kiss the "baybee"

 4 generations, My Grandma Hegerhorst, my Dad, me and Nyles

Barbara's cute family on Calley's blessing

My cute boys ;)


Steve had to work on his project some more the next day, so we headed back that afternoon after the blessing.  We made it in pretty good time, though we had to stop a couple times for Nyles.  He did really good on the way up since it was later and basically slept the whole time.  On the way back I think he was just tired of his car seat and got a little fussy, but overall he did great for his first long trip.

Last week I got to help the missionaries w/ a lesson to Samantha again.  We talked more about the Restoration and watched the video about it.  I think she's starting to understand it better now.  After helping w/ the lesson I hurried home and made the missionaries dinner.  I made Autumn Soup, cornbread and Apple Betty w/ ice cream for dessert.  After they left I fed Nyles again then headed to the Stake for Stake Relief Society training.

Well, I hope things are going well.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving if I don't see you before then! ;)

---Thanks for some of the pics Pauline and Rose ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment