Monday, March 7, 2011

Hike and stuff

Well first things first.....Steve has officially been accepted to the University of Utah for this Summer semester! After he takes a couple classes Summer Semester we'll then apply to the College of Health in the Department of Health Promotion and Education w/ an emphasis in Emergency Medical Services. He'll get to take an EMT class this fall, which I'm sure he'll like. We're excited to get things going and get working on his Bachelors, which we plan to finish next Summer or Fall. I'll also be done w/ my MBA by next March....yeah!!! Then after his Bachelors we'll apply for PA school.

Besides school, Steve and I enjoyed last week together for once! Since Steve is no longer working and I'm taking an online class we have more time to be together at home; it's so great! We spent Monday just relaxing and Friday we even went on a date! It's been 6 months basically since we've had a Friday night together, crazy how fast time goes. Steve met me at Gateway where we then went to a movie. I had gotten the tickets during my lunch so we were ready to go. Plus it was the 5:30 pm showing which gave us Matinee prices, yeah! We invited Rob (and others to come) but only Rob ended up making it. Afterwards we picked up some food at Rumbi's then went back to our place to play "Ticket to Ride." Zack and Ali came over to play too. It was a lot of fun; love that game!

Saturday we slept in, then went on a hike up Little Bell Reservoir. It was kinda sunny and we wanted to get out (and Steve wanted to fish), so we chose to go a hike. The pathway was still somewhat snowy, but it was a great hike nonetheless. When we got to the top there was another couple just finishing fishing. Steve said they scared away all the fish though, but it was still fun. There were cute duckies in the pond too.

Cute duckies getting food


More duckies



Steve getting ready to fish

Beautiful Mountains


Just about ready to go......notice how low the water is

Ducks again

Still plenty of snow on mountains

Steve and I at Little Bell Resevoir


When we got back from hiking, we hurried and cleaned up and headed to the Jordan River Temple to do some initiatories. It was a great experience and the peace there. It's definitely one of our favorite places to be! Ironically there were ducks outside of the temple too, just eating the nuts by the trees. I think they were following us....:)

Ducks at the temple too!


We also got our other blinds in and put them up! They were for the living room blinds, which are HUGE!!! They are like 100 inches wide and 86 inches tall! The old ones were basically broken since we moved in, but since they're so humongous and a little expensive due to their size, we've been dealing with it. Here are some pictures.

Old blinds falling apart




Old yucky blinds

Old blinds



New blinds!!!! So white and clean!

And most importantly they WORK!!


We're excited to go up to Idaho this weekend for Wade's Baptism. We're so proud of him and his decision and want to be there to support him. I've also got LOTS of callings to make this next little bit. We've had a bunch of sisters move in these past couple weeks and will also be having several of my main sisters moving this month. I know the Lord will help me. I need to just trust in Him and know I'll be able to find replacements and train them even better than the last.

Love ya lots,
Steve and Penny :)






No comments:

Post a Comment