Well in case you did hear, not only was Steve accepted to the U last week, but I also got offered the CMR position as well. This was actually my 3rd time applying for it, but most have to apply several times before being accepted. In this position I'll be supporting our customers who have managed accounts through Fidelity. We're the relationship side of the managed accounts so customers can call us when they have questions about their accounts, plus we call them at least annually to make sure they're in the portfolio that best suites their needs. The great thing about this position is that it shouldn't require overtime and I'll still be paid more than before. It's kindof ironic how things work out. The same week we decided for Steve to apply to the U, my position posted. And the same week Steve got accepted I got the position. We'll now be able to pay for the increase tuition cost at the U (it's double what SLCC is now)! The Lord truly does bless us.
Last weekend we drove up to Idaho so see my nephew Wade get baptized. I took Friday off so we could head out in the morning. We left by 10 am and got there by 3:30 pm or so since we stopped a couple times on the way. When we got there dad was cooking a turkey in the big dutch oven that we gave him last year. Steve helped him finish cooking it, then we had it for dinner. Grandma Hegerhorst came over too. The food was great and the company was even better! After dinner we played a game of "Ticket to Ride" w/ grandma, then we had to go home. We then watched a movie w/ dad (we brought some of Dave's up for him to watch).
The HUGE Dutch Oven
The finished Turkey
The next day Steve went out w/ my dad to shoot some birds and ended up trapping gophers too. I worked on my homework paper most of the morning, then in the afternoon we got cleaned up and headed over to the church for the baptism. There was a good turnout for it and the meeting went well. Steve even got to give a talk on the Holy Ghost, which turned out really well. We were glad to be there for him on his special day. Barbara and Rich came down and stayed the night which was fun. We went back to the house and played some games, mainly Kristi, Barb and I. Good times ;)
On Sunday during sacrament meeting Wade was confirmed by my dad. It was neat to see his confirmation. After church we went home and had lunch w/ my parents, then packed up and went home. It's always a fast trip but a good one.
This whole week Steve has been off on Spring Break. He has gone to his parents and walked their dog Bailey a couple times and mainly been working on our bathroom wall/light. We put in a new light above the mirror, but unfortunately their was as whole in the wall so he's been dry walling it again. He's still not done but it's looking a lot better.
On Monday the 14th Steve and Rob picked me up after work and headed up to Stacie and Phil's for dinner. They made hamburgers, yumm, then the boys headed to Home Depot to get supplies to make a frame for their 2nd bathroom. Well the boys were gone quit a while and Stacie and I were upstairs w/out our phones (which they tried to call several times), so they just came home empty handed. They were trying to get wood that looked like their bathroom cabinets but couldn't find anything they liked, hence they came home empty handed. The good news is they know more about what they're trying to find. They also want to put stones in place outside so they can put a BBQ on it. We then all watched the last of the final episode of the Bachelor. It was a fun evening and good to spend time w/ them.
Tuesday after work (I stayed late), Steve went w/ me over to the church where we set up tables, chairs and put tablecloths on for our Relief Society Dinner the next day. We also gathered up the plates, napkins, forks, etc that we were going to use. I then talked to President Thorup for a while, since I wasn't there on Sunday. Steve was pretty hungry by this time, so we went over to Red Robins for a burger and fries. Yumm!
Wednesday I came home early from work in order to make it to our RS Dinner and help make sure it was all set up. I had noticed we had flower arrangements in our RS closets, so I had Steve get them out and put on the tables for centerpieces (the tables looked incomplete w/out them). We had a really good turn out for the dinner too. A lot of sisters brought food for our potluck, then we had a music number, and speaker, Sister Thorup. She talked about how to get to know other people and be kind and charitable in small ways. It was really good. We then had a couple games while we ate cake and ice cream. The whole night turned out really well, especially for our first BIG RS event.
Thursday I organized a St. Patrick's Day potluck at work. We put our lunches together w/ our team meeting and ended up eating while watching games of the NCAA and The Office. A guy on my team even made corned beef and cabbage in light of the holiday. It was alright but definitely not my favorite. I also had an interview assignment I had to do w/ another girl from my online class. I think it went well.
Friday I took the day off so I could get caught up on some things, and to spend time w/ Steve since he didn't have class. I also met w/ my new secretary, Cara, to go over some things. We went grocery shopping and watched a movie over at Dave/Joann's and invited Rob over. We then played "Ticket to Ride."
Saturday we did some cleaning, played racquetball, then went over to Dave/Joann's again. I also finished homework and did some RS stuff.
Today we got a new counselor in our branch presidency and I got 5 new sisters called to different positions. My secretary was sustained, 2 temple coordinators, my visiting teaching coordinator, and compassionate service leader and assistant. Several our moving out and lots have moved in recently so we're trying to juggle it all. Having more sisters in callings helps out a lot though. After church we had our Munch and Mingle, then we headed over to LuDean's for dinner w/ all Steve's family. Dave made his yummy ribs, then Joann gave a good lesson on prophets.
Well this will be my last week in my current role, then I'll start training on the 28th for my new role. I'm excited to get started but every role has a learning curve. Steve is excited to get back to school as well. He'll be doing full time school until next fall in order to finish his Bachelors, but it'll be nice to get it over with. Hope all is well. Have a great week!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment