Friday, June 4, 2010

This week.....

Just a couple things...

On Wednesday, I have class right after work, so I just take the trax down to my car, then drive to class. Class goes from 6-9:30pm about, so I don't get to see Steve from 7am until then (sad I know). But........... this week, I was hurrying out the door from work, and looked up and there was Steve!!! I looked at him and recognized he was there waiting for me, took a couple more steps, then took a second glance at him. I then asked, "What are you doing here?" He said since we don't get to see each other much on Wednesday's he thought he'd ride back down w/ me on the trax. He rode the trax up to Gateway, just to come right back down, but w/ me this time. He also brought me some snacks to eat during class....such a cutie ;)

Thursday after work, Steve and I went swimming in our pool which was just opened Memorial Weekend. The water was surprisingly warm. We swam for about an hour. It was a lot of fun! After that I made a cheesecake for Steve, and a white cake w/ cheesecake and whip cream and strawberries on top. I also got stuff ready for Eve's party on Friday. She turned 30 so I wanted to throw her a party. The girl who took my spot, Hannah, has been helping me. Steve had to watch a foreign film for his humanities film, so he watched "Coco before Chanel." It was interesting.

Friday after work, I hurried to go down to American Fork. Since it was Friday and the weekend, traffic was crazy (I hate traffic). I made it down there though and we got things set up. We had a good group of girls show up. We had Cafe Rio salad, chatted, then played "Diva Family Feud." It was a lot of fun. We then had strawberry shortcake kinda. I made a white cake then put cream cheese mixed w/ cool whip on top, then made a strawberry sauce to put on top. We sang to her and had her open gifts also. We were going to watch "13 going on 30" but it was pretty late so we didn't.

Well today at church we found out Little Cottonwood creek has been flooding (off 13th east, in our Stake). Last night there were people from our branch helping to sand bag. Then, after church Steve got a call to come and help. Apparently the bags weren't holding, so they had to re-due them and keep adding on to it. Steve was there 3 hours about, then came home to go to LuDeans for dinner. He barely got done w/ dinner then was called to go back and help. He's been there since seven or so. There are over 500 hundred volunteers from around the community along w/ firefighters, police, etc. And then it started rain Here are some pics:














Here's the article on KSL.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11064362

No comments:

Post a Comment