Friday, June 4, 2010

Cabin Weekend #2........

So last weekend for Memorial Day, we went up to the cabin again. We didn't go up until Saturday evening but still had enough a good amount of time up there. We decided to go to the Jordan River Temple Friday night to do a session. It was really nice being there. We even ran into a couple from our branch who were in the same session, kinda funny. We've ran into them while doing a session at the Draper Temple too a couple months ago. After the temple we stopped at Maverick at got a frozen yogurt, yummm ;)

Saturday I met my sisters for lunch (see my previous post). It was great seeing them and just hanging out. I then hurried home where we packed and went up to the cabin. Melanie, Brandon, their 3 boys, Dave, Joann, and Diane were all up there since the night before. We got up there just in time for dinner. We helped get dinner ready, then afterwards Steve and I went on a short ATV ride. Later, after the kids were put to bed, we all watched the movie "Invictus" and I made some popcorn.



On Sunday we all went to the Fruitland Branch again. Since it was a holiday, it was COMPLETELY packed!!! We left a 1/2 hr early and barely got seats in the back of the chapel. Everyone else that came in after us basically sat in the halls and in the small class rooms. Since it's only a branch, they don't have a very big building. The sacrament took the longest part of the meeting of course. The deacons were weaving in and around people trying to get to everyone. People were there who were camping or at their cabins. It's crazy how many come, but it's good that they all came, though on vacation. After we got back from church, we ate, then Steve and I took a nap. Steve woke up after an hour or so, but I kept sleeping for a couple more hours (I guess I was pretty tired). The rest of the day we had dinner, walked down to the Lake and skipped rocks, made a bonfire outside (until we got smoked out), played games and chatted.







On Monday, Steve and Dave went out fishing on the boat. The didn't have much luck catching any fish, but they said they still had a good time. I stayed at the cabin to work on my homework assignments the best I could. After lunch we cleaned up, packed, went w/ the boys to catch crawdads, then left. Once we got home, I worked on homework some more (lucky me I know).





No comments:

Post a Comment