Steve has been busy w/ school. He still hasn't got an intern, but we he does have an interview tomorrow. The interview will be w/ a clinic downtown SLC, a homeless clinic. It's run by the state though, so they have descent hours actually (only til 7 pm latest, and no Sundays). We'll see how that goes. Hopefully they'll work w/ his school hours, hire him, and will be able to start in July. He needs to do his 200 hours (no pay) then we'll see from there where to go.
On Thursday, the 17th, I took my Managerial Accounting final. It was a timed test, which lasted 3 1/2 hours. It was, as you can see, REALLY long! I took the whole time, but wanted to pace myself, especially since most of the questions were essays/math problems. It took a couple days to get it graded, but I got an 88% on the comprehensive final and an A for the class. Yeah!!! ;) It feels really good to get that over with, and now I have a break until July 7th.
Last weekend up went up to the cabin. After work on Friday we packed up our stuff to go up. Before we went up though, we went over to IHOP (because I had a free meal coupon). We then picked up a couple things at the store that Dave and Stacie needed, then drove up to the cabin. Dave, Joann, Stacie, Phill, London, and 2 girls from Ireland were already up there (Alyssa and Robyn). We played the game we picked up, Phase 10 Twist. It's a fun game and a little more exciting than the regular game.
The next morning, Steve and Dave went out fishing while we made breakfast (probably an hour or so later). A couple hours later we met them to go for a boat ride. It was a beautiful day on the lake! Then after lunch they went for an ATV ride, so I went w/ Dave and Steve back out on the boat. I drove them around, trolling, while they fished. We were actually catching some too!!! It was really fun and again, the weather was amazing! We brought home 2 fish, not for us to eat of course. :) For dinner Dave made is amazing ribs, yummm!! That night we watched "Blind Side" and I made popcorn, both kettle corn and regular from the WhirleyPop.
Dave driving the boat and showing off his "comb over"
The 2 girls from Ireland, Alyssa and Robin and Stacie and Phill
Phill catching Dave's hat that flew off
Cute little London playing w/ her toys
Steve w/ a fish, finally!
Dave holding Steve by his pants while he gets the line out of the motor
Steve practicing shooting
On Sunday, we went to the Fruitland branch for church. It was a really good service on Fathers, for Father's Day. We then went back, had some lunch, played some games, then took a nap. I actually wasn't feeling too well, and slept for several hours. Steve and I left shortly after I woke up.
The next day I felt even worse. I went to work feeling dizzy and just yucky. I stuck it out until lunch, then went home. As soon as I got home, I got a little bit to eat, then went straight to bed. Needless to say I was tired; I didn't wake up until 5:30pm. Since I'm having my surgery next Wednesday, I'm not supposed to take Ibuprofen (since it's a blood thinner), but I could take Tylenol. This helped some, but most of the day I was just miserable.
I stayed home Tuesday all day as well. I took some other meds, Musinex D and Sudafed which helped a lot. Ironically, my mom called as was on her way home (had been visiting her parents in American Fork) and was able to stop by and see us, though Steve left a little while later to go to school. Since it was lunch time, I decided to make some Cajun Chicken for my mom. After lunch, my mom had to get on the road again.
Wednesday I went back to work, and did pretty good, other than I had a cough. After work we to Smiths for their great coupon sale. We got $90 worth of groceries for $48 bucks! I love coupons and sales! That night I didn't sleep much due to my cough so I was pretty tired the next day.
Thursday after work, we got w/ the other branch missionaries at Anzack Park (Otto and Emily Shill and Anna and Brad McMurtie). We decided to get together for everyone to meet, get to know each other, and come up w/ ideas on how to increase our effort in missionary work. We borrowed Jeff's little grill and grilled some hot dogs. We also had Doritos, grapes, Capri-sun and brownies. After going over some missionary ideas, we then went and played sand volleyball. It was a lot of fun and the weather was beautiful! I love summer nights!
On Friday, Steve went up to the cabin w/ his parents, Rob and Zack. So, I Eve and I decided to get together. She met me up at our place, then we went to Cafe Rio for dinner. We then went out to West Jordan and watched the play, "7 Brides for 7 Brothers." It was a really good! We then came back and talked for a while. We haven't hung out for a while (just the 2 of us), so it was really nice to just talk and catch up.
On Saturday, I cleaned the house, went grocery shopping a little, and then went and did initiatories. I did 6 family names that my mom sent me, that my Uncle Stephen submitted. We were going to go to our branch BBQ, but Steve didn't get home until 6 pm, so we went for a walk instead. We then went to Red Robin for dinner, and had a $5 cheeseburger---yumm! We then went shopping a little, rented a movie, then came home and watched it.
Today we went to church, then came home and had a good long nap together. Then we went over to Jeff/Kim's for Jeff's B-day party. Everyone had a good time, and the weather was beautiful, though hot for a while til the shade came.
On Wednesday I'll have my surgery. It should be fine and the recover should be quick. I'll take the rest of the week off though just in case. Steve will be around when he's not at class, so we should be good. Hope all is well for you all! Love ya ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment