Just a couple updates from the weekend.....
Friday night, we decided to go looking for a new entertainment stand for our new

flat screen TV. We went over to RC Willey, just to get some ideas, then I remembered there was a Big Lots just down the road, so we went there. They actually had several to choose from at great prices, so we got one! We somehow got it to fit in my little car and took it home. Rob came over to help us assemble it while we watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics. After we got done, we hooked up my computer w/ the HDMI cord to watch Medium.
On Saturday, Steve and I cleaned the condo, then I went and met my sisters Rose and

Pauline at Applebees for a late b-day celebration. We had a good time chatting and catching up, then went over to my place for a bit. I showed them around and we talked about possible ways to improve it. It was fun getting together; we'll have to do it more often.
I then started getting things ready for dinner to feed the missionaries. I decided to make enchiladas and brownies w/ toffee bits and ice cream. They came over at 5 pm, and seemed to enjoy the meal. After dinner, Steve and I both showed them some mission photos of ours and mission stories. It was good to have them over and get to know them a little better. They always stop by when I'm at work, so I hadn't officially met them. We're having them over this Friday also, for dinner and the 1st lesson w/ Brandy. As soon as they left, we hurried and changed and made our way over to the temple to do inititories. I just love the Spirit of the temple!!!

On Sunday, we had church like normal. We also had a meeting for new members to the branch, and we actually got a few new couples. One of the ways we help w/ missionary work is by welcoming the new members to our branch. We're also trying to reach out to the less actives and get them coming again.

After church we made crepes together. I used the new pan my mom gave me for my birthday; it works great!!! It has smaller ridges on the side so it's easier to flip, and I also used the turner Carrie gave me last year...the two worked excellent together! We put strawberries, bananas, nutella, whip cream, powdered sugar, etc on them. They were so good!!! Yumm, I love crepes!
After taking an afternoon nap, we got ready and headed over to Dave/Joann's to go to LuDeans for dinner. We had chicken cordon blue, rice, rolls, and veggies. It was

all sooo good. I also made dessert which was a chocolate cake, w/ carmel in the middle, whip cream then toffee toppings on top; it was good. Afterwards, we played a couple games which I love as well. Thanks everyone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment