After dinner we decided to have the lesson. We had the missionaries teach a 1st
lesson, about the Restoration. The lesson went really. She seemed to understand things a lot more this time. Again she stated that she feels something is missing in her life, but was still a little hesitant to accept the commitments to read and pray (due to she's busy). After the lesson we had root beer floats, yummmm! The elders left after that, but Brandy stayed for a little while longer to talk and also help Steve w/ some homework.Brandy wasn't able to make it to church, but we've been following up on her. I sent her a text yesterday to ask about her reading/praying and she said she's been slacking a little. I then told her why it's so important to read and pray; The Book of Mormon will help help her find the answers that she's looking for. She then committed to read at least 4 times a week, which is awesome! I then felt I should ask her to read 2 Nephi 2 (about the plan of salvation) instead of just going cover to cover, and she said she'd read it! We're going to see if she'd like to meet w/ the missionaries again for the 2nd lesson.
So on Sunday, Steve gave a talk along w/ the missionaries, and of course they talked about missionary work. Dave and Joann came to hear him speak, which turned out to be a miracle. The Spirit was really strong during the whole meeting; they all did a great job of teaching how we can all do a better job at inviting others to learn more of the Gospel. As the meeting got over, I went to the back to wait for Steve, and as we were waiting, a man came up to us. Immediately Dave and Joann recognized him. The three of them practically grew up together. They hugged, then he turned to me and said...this is my home teacher. Steve and I have been trying to get a hold of him for months, but no luck. Earlier in the week, I felt we should try and call him again, and surprisingly he answered the phone. He then said he would meet us and church and we could talk. So, there he was, and ironically Dave and Joann were there also. He said he could tell Steve was Dave's son (he talked about fishing in his talk and by his looks I'm sure). As they talked, you could tell that he has been struggling in the life lately. I'm not sure all the details yet, but I definitely feel that we were meant to be his home teachers for a reason. Also, yesterday, Dave ran into him at the Dr's office. Just another sign letting us know that there is something that only we (the McGraths) can help him with.
I had a pretty rough week this past week, with school and work and everything piled on. After class on Thursday, I vented to Steve, which helped. He then offered to give me a blessing, so I agreed. The blessing he gave me was one of the most powerful and spiritual one's I've ever had. The Lord was directly speaking to me and the Spirit was really strong in our home. We both were touched by the message we received. I felt so much better after getting the blessing. I'm so thankful for Steve and his worthiness to have the Priesthood in our home. I love his soooo much!
On Saturday, Steve decided to take me on a date, a surprise date. He talked to his parents and decided to do a double w/ them. We went over there and had Asian food, then watched, "The Proposal" w/ my yummy popcorn mix I make. It was a lot of fun and just what I needed! Thanks honey for doing something special for me; I really appreciate it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment