We had a busy last full week of June. Here are some highlights.
Monday morning, June 22nd, we drove Nyles and Conor down to FSY at Snow College in Ephraim. I took the day off work so I could go w/ them. It's been a while since I've been down there, so I wanted to see it. Plus, they're now building a temple in Ephraim, and I wanted to see that as well.
Dropping Nyles and Conor off at Snow College, at the dorms.
After we dropped them off, we went to McDonald's to get some lunch, then explored Snow's Campus.
I showed the boys some of the buildings I used to use as a Snow College Ambassador.
We also found my old apartment (it looks exactly the same from the outside 23 years later).
We went to the Bell Tower and the Student Center (where I used to meet prospective students as an Ambassador and give them tours of the campus). The boys found the Badger. We also found the Ephraim Temple, which is only a block from where my old apartment is and across from the stadium. It will be dedicated on October 11th, which is super exciting!
We then drove home (pretty scenery). Our neighbor Sarah Nelson gave Nyles a treat and thanked him for his talk he gave on Father's Day. Tuesday night, Steve took the young men's up to Silver Lake for their activity. They saw a few deer and a moose. It's so pretty up there.
We went swimming at Dave and Joann's place.
Steve is working on teaching Carter and Hudson how to swim better as the rec center was a bust.
It was a little cool, but we managed to swim for a while.
Steve took Diane to get her cataracts done on Wednesday.
Hudson was drawing a dinosaur while we were at the chiropractor. Steve put in a new ceiling fan in our living room. Steve took Dave to his heart ablation procedure on Thursday. He was gone most of the day w/ him. I was thankfully working from home and kept the boys busy doing things like puzzles. We had the sister missionaries over that night, and they shared a message w/ us.
Saturday morning, at 5am, Steve met Phill off the freeway and drove down w/ him to pick up Nyles and Conor at Snow College, finishing up FSY. They went and had breakfast at McDonalds afterwards, then they drove back. They got home around 9:30am. Nyles said he had an awesome time and can't wait to go back! We're grateful he was able to go and had a positive experience. He said he learned he feels the Spirit through music. I'm definitely the same way.
Nyles and Conor and their FSY group.
Pretty Day Lilies in bloom now and pears.
Dave's older brother Mike McGrath, passed away Monday morning. Dave called us right after we dropped the boys off at FSY. They had his funeral on Saturday afternoon, which we went to.
Rob's birthday was on Sunday, so we had him over for dinner. I made chicken noodle soup and brownies for dessert. Steve and Rob also went over to Nathan Hong's place (a guy they did Trek w/ last summer), and they had pie. We also played a few games (Sleeping Queens and Flip 7).
Happy Birthday to Rob!










No comments:
Post a Comment