Monday, June 15, 2026

2nd Week of June

We had an eventful week.  Here are some highlights.

On Monday, June 8th, it was Carter's 10th Birthday!  He was super excited for his big day, officially double digits!  He opened a gift in the morning, then waited for his others in the evening when Diane, Dave and Joann could join us for dinner.

Carter opened his Army truck.  His shark cake.

Hudson reading a book w/ Grandma Joann.  Carter opening his gifts.

Then singing Happy Birthday to him w/ his shark cake!
We then played a game of Cover Your Assets after dessert.
We appreciate the love and support he had from everyone (phone calls and visits).  Thank you!

We're thankful for Carter and the joy he brings to our family.  He is a peacemaker in the family, always helping his brothers out.  He's willing to help those around him and shares what he has.  He's thoughtful and kind.  He's athletic and can pick up on things pretty easily, whether it be sports, musical instruments, Rubik's cubes, puzzles, etc.  He works hard and tries his best.  We're so grateful to have him in our family.

I signed Carter and Hudson up for swim lessons at Dimple Dell, but it ended up being a bust, so Steve took them out.  The cake didn't turn out (since I didn't have enough time to let it cool before decorating), so I turned them into cake balls instead.  The kids said I can make those anytime :)  Steve helped move his Grandpa Carl to a new Assisted Living facility on Tuesday.  They already had a twin bed for him to use, so Carter took his full bed.


On Wednesday, Hudson graduated from Upstart.  He did awesome and is ready for Kindergarten!
Later, he was walking around in his dinosaur costume.

On Thursday, Steve and Nyles left to go to YM's Camp in Moab.  Steve borrowed Brandon Lake's trailer to put the gear in.  They used a lot of our camping stuff as well since the girls were having their YW camp at the same time and used the Ward stuff.  Once they set up camp, they did a bike ride.

They did a few more bike rides at Dead Horse Point State Park.

Thursday night was Carter's last rock climbing class.  
While he was at class, Hudson and I went over to the Aquarium.

Nyles and the YM having fun.  Walking Tacos for dinner.

Their camp.  I forced Steve to take tablecloths.  
He also brought solar lights, which he hung around the pavilion.

Friday morning, the YM hikes to the Delicate Arch at Arches National Park.

Arches National Park: Delicate Arch.

Cool pics.

More hikes.

Then a water hike after lunch.

They met up w/ Ethan and did some rock climbing together.

Rock climbing.

On Saturday, Steve, Nyles and the group rafted the Colorado River.

While they were gone, I cleaned the grout in the kitchen.

I then took out the shelves in the pantry and was just going to recover them.  But after I took out the shelves, I realized we never painted the inside of the pantry when we moved in 10 years ago.  SOOOOO, I then found some paint in the garage and painted the inside and outside of the pantry.

Carter helped me put new paper on the shelves.  New paint on the door and trim as well.  It needed it!

Carter's art work.  Hudson found Carter's Mandalorian costume and put it on.  
Saturday afternoon, we met up w/ Pauline and her boys and went swimming at the Draper Pool.

I then brought the boys back to our place to stay the night.  We ordered pizza and the boys had fun playing.  They even stayed up a little longer and did night games outside.  Steve and Nyles got home late Saturday evening.  I made crepes for breakfast on Sunday, then Chris came and picked up the boys around 10am before we had to leave to go to church.

Pretty flowers in bloom in the front yard.  I made some sourdough.

Sunday afternoon, we went and dropped of Brandon's trailer in Midway.  
After visiting a little while, we went over to Cascade Springs for a little hike.

The views were beautiful!

The little springs were so cute, and they had lots of fun bridges.

So pretty!

Another bridge and family picture.

More springs and another bridge.  Silly Steve.

More of the springs and views.

It was a relaxing, beautiful evening.

There were cute wild flowers as well.

We came back through Provo Canyon, so we passed Deer Creek and Bridal Veil Falls. 

Great quotes:




No comments:

Post a Comment