Monday, April 27, 2026

4th Week of April

We had a little busier week this week, especially Nyles.  He had play practice on Monday and Tuesday nights, after school, until 6pm.  Then he had his official play performances Thursday and Friday night, along w/ 2 times at 1pm and 4 pm on Saturday.  

 Monday evening, Steve and I went over to the Aquarium for a little bit to walk around and see the animals.  Thankfully most of the animals were out and active. 

Having fun at the Aquarium.

I worked in the office the whole week.  My boss came in from Texas on Monday evening.  Then on Tuesday night, we went out to dinner as a team to celebrate the retirement of our coworker.  His official last day of work will be May 1st.  We're excited for his next chapter in life, but will miss having him on our team.  Steve had YM's on Tuesday night.  They were playing street hockey at the church.  Since I was gone all day, Carter and Hudson went with him to the activity.  

Wednesday evening, Hudson started another round of T-ball.

We had some ducks hanging out on our front yard.  Hudson also found a ladybug.  
I went to the Draper Temple and did initiatories.

On Friday, Hudson got to go meet the Kindergarten teacher's at Altara Elementary.  
He was pretty excited to go, and also be at Carter's school!

 Hudson is ready for Kindergarten!  The Mammoth Hockey Team is in the playoffs.  They released the Zammoth out front the Delta Center on Friday, which I saw going to and from work. 

Friday morning, Nyles went and competed at the State competition for his project, "The 18 day miracle," about the first heart transplant.  They all did awesome, but unfortunately, no one advanced on to nationals.  We're proud of Nyles' hard work and getting this far, all on his own.

Lincoln Herd and Nyles worked together on their project.  Other students who competed from his class.  Nyles trying to rock climb in his suit ;)

Friday evening, we went and watched Nyles perform in his school play "Beauty and the Beast."  
He was Maurice, Belle's dad.  He did awesome, as did the whole crew!

Nyles playing Maurice in the play "Beauty and Beast."

Dave, Joann, Diane, and Rob also came to support him.  Great job Nyles!!!

Rose also came down Saturday, for the 1pm showing, so I hurried over and watched it w/ her.  
Nyles did an awesome job again!

Rose and I went back to where the cast was taking a break after the performance, and surprised Nyles.  Needless to say, he was completely surprised to see us there!  We appreciate everyone's love and support for Nyles!

After their last performance at 4pm, Steve picked him up and took Nyles to Chick-fil-A for dinner.  Most of the cast was there.  Apparently, it's a tradition after the play is over.

On Sunday, I went to a ward conference at 9am, then came over to our ward afterwards.  Steve had arranged our Stake Patriarch (who is in our ward), to speak about Patriarchal Blessings to the youth (both young women and men).  I listened in on the lesson, which was great.  We've been talking to Nyles about getting his, so we'll see when he feels ready.

That afternoon, we made baked chicken and veggies for dinner and went over to Dave/Joann's place.  I also made homemade bread, sourdough, and some cinnamon bread on Saturday, which we brought.  Dave picked up Carl (Joann's dad), to join us as well.  We played one round of Sleeping Queens before heading home. 

Diane's house has a roof now!  Steve and the boys being silly.  Carter drew Luniere from "Beauty and the Beast."  Nyles had them watch the original cartoon after church.

Great quotes:




No comments:

Post a Comment