Sunday, February 16, 2025

2nd Week of February

Here are some highlights for the 2nd week of February.  Monday, February 10th, I took the day off work for my birthday.  Unfortunately Hudson woke up throwing up, so he stayed home from school.  The sun was shining though, so Steve and I went for a walk, pushing Hudson in the stroller.  Hudson thankfully fell asleep on our walk, and remained asleep for a few hours.  He definitely needed the sleep after being up during the night.

Grandma LuDean was happy to use her new ramp to go to her DUP meeting.  Out for a walk.

Steve working on the attic/Lego room, getting the furnace installed outside.  The wall Steve installed to keep kids away from the opening (stairs going up/down).  Carter highlighted in the kindness spotlight from his school.  Great quote.

Monday evening, we went over to have dinner w/ Dave/Joann and LuDean/Diane for my birthday.  We picked up Panda Express for dinner, then had brownies and ice cream for dessert.  The boys were good helpers in blowing out the candles.

Tuesday late afternoon, we had our activity days at our house.  The boys made heart hand warmers.  My partner Sydney sewed the fabric, so the boys were just making stitches around the heart, then we filled them with rice, and then helped them sew up the heart.  We discussed God's love for each of us.

Hudson threw up again the next morning unfortunately, poor little guy.
Activity day boys: Jacob Hamilton, Carter, Beau (front) and Clay Evans, and Ethan Gatherum.

Tuesday evening Steve took the young men to a tour of a water treatment facility in Sandy.

Cool moon at the train station early Wednesday morning (around 7:10am).  I took Nyles to the train that morning, as I had a team meeting I was joining and needed to be in the office earlier, so I just went at the same time as him to save on a trip to the train.  Carter w/ a Lego in his hair for crazy hair day at school.  Cute Hudson feeling better, getting a hot dog at Costco.

The AC/Furnace outside the house and inside.  Steve is making great progress.

SLC temple under construction.  President Nelson announced this week that there will be 6 months of open house for the SLC Temple (April - October 2027).  I'm sure it'll be busy as many will want to come tour it, but such a cool opportunity.  Great quotes.  It started to snow Thursday afternoon.  It was getting pretty bad, so I took the train home during my lunch break.

The further south I went on the train, the worse it was got.  By the time I got to my stop in Draper, we had several inches on the ground.  I had the Sequoia to drive home, but didn't realize it was NOT in 4 wheel drive, so I was sliding as I went home.  Thankfully I made it home, though it was very slow going.  A LOT of people were sliding off the roads, especially going up the hill on 13th east.  Steve put the car in 4 wheel drive when I got home, and it worked great in the snow.  Good to know :)

Steve went and picked up the boys from school, then took them to the dentist.  Ironically, by the time they were done, the weather had warmed up and the snow was melting.  The roads were actually good.  The boys did well at the dentist.  Hudson needs to go back this next week though, and get a little cavity filled.  Apparently he has softer teeth like Steve.  Nyles and Carter seem to have harder teeth like me.

Great quotes.  Cute Hudson making a heart for Valentine's Day on Friday.

Friday after school, Kaitlyn came over and played.  They also put on a dance video and danced for a little bit.  Then we made heart shaped pizzas for dinner.  The boys got a Lego hearts and some treats for Valentine's Day from Steve and I.

Unfortunately, early the next morning (Saturday) Steve started to feel sick to his stomach.  He had a sharp pain that wasn't moving either, then he started to throw up and had it coming out the other end.  He dealt with it for hours, but was worried something serious was wrong, so he ended up in the ER.  They determined that he had food poisoning.  He came home and slept most of the day.  

To get the kids out of the house, and so Steve could sleep, I took them over to the Aquarium.  The boys had fun playing outside on the playground, and inside at the play place.

Going across the bridge in the Amazon jungle.  Then we watched a short video about the Amazon in 4D (virtual reality), showing us the different animals that live in the Amazon.

Hudson showing the paper items his brothers made during sacrament meeting.  I made sour dough again Saturday evening.  Sunday evening, Rose and Pauline came over for dinner to celebrate by birthday as well.  We had tacos for dinner.  Rose made a 3 in 1 dessert (chocolate cake, sugar cookies, and almond cake).  Carter wanted chocolate, Nyles wanted the almond, and Hudson the sugar cookie, so I asked Rose to make the 3 in 1, which worked out perfect.  Thanks Rose!


Hudson is a big help blowing out the candles.  Sisters.  Ezra and Lincoln ended up staying over after dinner.  They all slept in Nyles' room.

We all had Monday off for President's Day.  I made pancakes for breakfast the next morning, then went over to the Aquarium together.  Chris met us there.  The boys played again outside for a while, then we went to the 4D movie.  This time exploring the ocean.  Unfortunately the sound wasn't working, but we got the jest of it.

They had a python snake out for the kids to pet.  The boys thought it was awesome!

As Monday was a holiday and raining, it got pretty busy at the Aquarium, so we left and went over to Sam's club for a bit to eat.

We then dropped of Carter to play w/ Colin at his house, then Nyles at Lincoln's house.  Steve worked in the attic and I worked in submitting our taxes.  We had a low key evening in general.  My ministering sisters stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday.  Steve got the electric panel switched for the new ac/furnace in the attic.  Good work Steve.

Thank you all for your birthday wishing and kind words.  I really appreciate it.  Love you all!

Great quotes.



No comments:

Post a Comment