Monday, October 21, 2024

3rd Week of October

Here are some highlights from last week. 

Monday, October 14th, we went over to by the Draper Library and played pickleball, then we went to the library for some Halloween crafts.  

Making painted pumpkins out of apples.

Nyles making a tree, now Hudson making ghosts from potatoes.  
All their projects done.  Good work boys!

Doing a reenactment.  Cute Hudson and Carter.

Cute comparison between the boys at the same ages :)


Hudson helping Steve plants more tulip bulbs.

We went and looked at the comet.  Our neighbor is big into astronomy, so we went and talked to him (Dian Davidson), and he showed us where the comet was and gave us facts about comets.  It was cool!

Wednesday, Nyles had an orthodontist appointment.  He got rubber bands on his braces.  That night I went to a Pilates class w/ Pauline after work.

The boys had Fall Break Thursday, Friday and the following Monday.  Thursday, they went out duck hunting as they didn't have school.  Nyles shot a Ruddy duck.

Hudson loves to play w/ the ducks ;)

Hudson singing a song about the duck.


Thursday evening I went to the Draper Temple and did some initiatories.  
Friday afternoon, Steve took Nyles and performed baptisms for the dead.

Beautiful views as we came home after going to the chiropractor Friday afternoon.  
A creation Carter made at the chiropractors.



Saturday we went to Lagoon for Diane's birthday.  We picked her up on the way, and met Stacie/Phill's family there.  We got there right as it opened at 10am.

Steve and the boys on the Samurai ride (finally running again after being closed most of the season).  Then eating sugar cookies as we sang Happy Birthday to Diane.  Stacie's birthday was the day before.  Cute Hudson w/ frosting on his nose. 

Hudson, Steve and I on Scrambler.  Stacie, Diane and Claire.  Then Hudson and I on Bombora.

Steve, Hudson, Claire, Carter, Conor, and Nyles working to get themselves upside down on the Rock-a-plane ride.

Then at the Musical Express ride.  Carrie and Lynsie came and joined us the last hour or so.

It got REALLY busy, so we did a few more rides, then called it a day.

Diane invited us back to their place for dinner, so we dropped her off, then went home.  I then mowed the lawn and made cupcakes.  I put them in the freezer to cool them off while I jumped in the shower quickly, then we left.  We picked up Texas Road House for dinner (that LuDean paid for), and took it over to Diane/LuDean's place.  Stacie's family met us there, along w/ Dave/Joann, and Chandler/Megan.  The dinner was yummy and it was fun to visit w/ everyone.

Singing to Diane (and Stacie).  Oreo spider cupcakes and funfetti.

Sunday Steve and Nyles went and gave the sacrament to patients at Valencia Assisted Living and Memory Care Facility (2 different sacrament meetings.  I helped in Nursery and Steve taught Primary (Carter's class).  After church we had tithing settlement.  We then had the Thomas family over for dinner.  Steve made his yummy smoked chili.  

Great quotes:




No comments:

Post a Comment