This past week seemed to go by pretty quickly. Here are some highlights.
I went into the office this whole week. Monday night, Steve was helping Nyles finish up his book report, so I took Carter and Hudson to the library. We found hidden pumpkins in the kids' area, and I filled out a cooking conversion quiz. They let the boys get a "prize" for my quiz. We then went and played pickleball by the senior citizen center nearby. We had fun.
Hudson, Carter and I playing pickleball.
The weather has been so nice and warm, above average for sure! I'm not complaining!

Wednesday evening, Steve took the boys out duck hunting after school until sunset.
They had fun and got a couple ducks.
I went to a Pilates class that night. After class, I stopped by Walmart to get a couple groceries. Steve and I took a picture of the sunset at about the same time: cute.
Thursday, I had a free entre at Cafe Rio, so we ordered that for dinner. After dinner, Steve and I went to Costco to get some groceries. Barbara came down and stayed w/ us that night.
Friday, Steve took the boys out duck hunting again since Barb, Pauline and I were going out to eat dinner together. Nyles' friend Lincoln also came w/ them. Lincoln also just finished his hunter's safety, like Nyles, but doesn't have any gear or anything to go hunting.
Barb, Pauline and I ate dinner at Cubby's, then went to Sam's Club to get some snacks/groceries. Barbara stocked up while she was down here (my as well). Pauline then went home to pack for their quick flight to Denver the next day. Barb and I came back to our place, then went for a walk around the neighborhood w/ Piper since the boys weren't home yet. It was again, a warm evening. We didn't need a jacket, which was nice.
The boys out duck hunting at Utah Lake.
Barb and the boys Saturday morning (Steve slept in). Barb went to do some shopping, then headed over to Pauline's to stay w/ her kids while they were gone. It was so fun having Barbara come visit! I then mowed the lawn. The boys had fun shooting grasshoppers w/ the airsoft guns.
Steve and Carter then went to our neighbor's baptism (Ethan Gatherum), at the church. After they got home, we ate some lunch, then drove out to the "Wonderstone Quarry" out west of Utah Lake. Our neighbors, the Moreton's came out w/ us as well, driving in their truck.
Driving out to the quarry. Hudson hiding under his blanket. We made it! Looking for rocks!
Finding Wonderstones!
Carter, Kaitlyn Moreton, Nyles, Steve and Hudson smashing the rocks open.
After we figured out what we were looking for, we started finding more, by smashing open the right kind of rocks to show the Wonderstone inside.
The Wonderstone is really cool looking! "Wonderstone is formed when volcanic ash is compacted by the weight of overlying material and cemented together by heat. The banding in wonderstone is caused by iron oxide mineralization or staining, which is often described as Liesegang banding."
So fun!
On our way back, a train literally was stopped blocking the road. So we made a decision not to wait and instead go to another road around the train. Thankfully we beat the train and didn't get stuck at the next train crossing. Hudson fell asleep on the way home.
Pretty sunset as we were driving home.
Cute Carter and Hudson w/ their bow ties. Yummy roasts. Carter and Hudson riding Nyles.
Diane gave us some Halloween decorations. Thank you!!













No comments:
Post a Comment