Wednesday, August 21, 2024

2nd week of August

Since we went home Monday night from camping (got rained out at Trial Lake), we decided to go to Lagoon on Tuesday, August 13th.  It was the 2nd to last day for Lagoon to be open during the week, as school started on Thursday for Davis County, and it was pretty busy.  We made the most of it though.

Family picture.  Getting on some rides.

The boys talked me into going on the Rocket ride.  I did NOT like it!
Stacie's family met up with us after the ride and Kim and Alexa.

After the Rocket I needed a break, so Hudson and I got some lunch.  He stole my salad and ate most of it.  I forgot the fork in the car, so we used a knife :)  Everyone else went on Cannibal a couple times, then we went on a ride together, Parachutes.  I didn't like that either haha, as it made me dizzy.  I even took my anti-dizzy meds beforehand, so I guess it could have been worse ;)

Kim/Alexa had to leave, but then we went on the Spider ride.  Stacie sat w/ Hudson while we went.  It was pretty fun.  Then everyone but Phill, Stacie and I went on Rock-a-plane.  We left by 3pm as it was going to rain, and we had things to do at home.  When we got home, Hudson and Carter put on costumes and played super heroes.

On Wednesday, August 14th, after work, we went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate both Nyles' and Hudson's birthday.  Dave and Joann came as well to celebrate w/ us.  Thanks for the fun!

Hudson and Carter playing w/ rocks outside while we wait to get called back.  Then Nyles and Hudson riding the saddle as we wish them a happy birthday and a yeehaw!

Yummy food!  They gave Nyles and Carter ice cream to celebrate their birthdays.  
They shared w/ Carter too.

Enjoying the ice cream.  Picture outside the restaurant.

Piper can't resist, she has to lick something or someone.  Since we won't let her lick her paws, as the one is still healing, the boys volunteered to get licked, haha :)

Thursday, Steve and the boys and Dave went back up past Kamas to scout areas for deer/elk.  Dave stayed back in the car w/ Hudson and Carter while Nyles and Steve hiked.  Carter kept busy by trying to juggle rocks.



On Friday, August 16th, Nyles started Middle School.  They start at 7:30am.  He had a half day, just the 6th graders, to get used to the new building and find their classes.  Hudson got a Bluey medical bag from Grandma/Grandpa on the farm for his birthday.  He was so excited!!  I went into work that week.  There is a LOT of construction still happening at Temple Square.

Friday after work, we decided to go camping one more time before school starts the next week.  (I'll update next).

Great quotes:



No comments:

Post a Comment