"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
3rd Week of February
Here are some highlights from the 3rd week of February.
I had to go into work the whole week. We are now required to come into the office every 4 weeks (not my favorite, but I guess it's still better than 50% like it was before Covid). I take the train into work, which is 45 minutes one way, plus a little walking after getting off the train, so about 1 hour today each way. One positive, it gives me time to read at least. It's also nice to see people I've worked w/ over the 15 years at Fidelity and catch up a little bit.
Cute Hudson reading his book in bed after waking up in the morning. Hudson also finds it fun to feed Piper some of her treats, though he does it when he's not supposed to, and ends up giving her more than she's supposed to as well (this might be the reason why she's gained a little weight that past couple months). Silly Hudson. Hudson also wanted to call me on my way home from work.
Steve helped Nyles make his Valentine's box. He decided to make an Army tank. Good work boys! Both Nyles and Carter got plenty of treats from their class parties.
Nyles coming in to read with Hudson in the morning. Other times in his bed, including playing w/ his binoculars after waking up from his nap.
Steve made steak for dinner on Valentine's Day, which was super yummy. The next day I made heart shaped pizza for dinner. Steve and the boys also got me Tulips, which I love. The bouquet of flowers Pauline came me for my birthday and the Hydrangea Steve gave me for my birthday.
Carter started complaining about his ear again, though he just got off antibiotics earlier this week. Steve decided to take him back to the Dr. on Wednesday night. They said he must have a virus since he just got off antibiotics. But by Thursday, Carter's ear was still hurting and he didn't sleep well (kept waking up crying and coming in our room). I ended up staying home to work I was so tired Friday morning. Steve then made an appointment for Carter's regular Dr, and sure enough, the Dr. said he had a "raging ear infection." This time the Dr. put him on a double dose of antibiotics, to be taken both morning and evening, to make sure it takes care of it this time.
Great quote. Poor Carter feel asleep on the couch he was so tired from not sleeping the night before.
Carter couldn't wake up to take his medicine, so we let him sleep until he woke up on his own.
Great quote. Hudson found crayons in Carter's room and decided to write on his wall. Thankfully we had a magic eraser which I had him use to get it off.
Saturday morning we got a call from Mickey Mouse telling us he's excited for us to go on our cruise. Hudson was especially excited to hear his voice!
Hudson's poses while sleeping. A fort Nyles and Carter built while listening to a book Steve was reading to them. Piper's silly smile.
Hudson playing w/ a stool as I was getting things ready to start packing. Steve cut the boys hair Saturday morning. We also had Stake Conference on Sunday, so we walked over to the church. We sat in the Primary room w/ just one other family from our ward, so that was nice. I brought some dry erase markers and the boys drew on the white board in the room. They encouraged us all to do more missionary work, including senior couples who can serve full time. I also finished the puzzle Diane gave us over Christmas; thanks Diane.
After Hudson's nap Sunday afternoon, we went over to Sprucewood Elementary to play for a while. Nyles and Carter rode their scooters (Hudson tried w/ Nyles' help as well), we threw the frisbee, played on the swings, played on the slides and playground, threw the ball w/ Piper and just played. It was nice to get outside even though it's still a little cold outside.
Carter and Nyles on the playground, Hudson going down the hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment