Thursday, November 10, 2022

Halloween Weekend

Here are some highlights from Halloween weekend (Saturday - Monday).

Saturday morning Steve went duck hunting.  He went w/ our neighbor Tim again.  
Waiting for shooting light.

They got a Ruddy Duck.  Beautiful sunrise over Farmington Bay.

While Steve was out duck hunting, Hudson was also busy.  The night before I got up at 6am to use the bathroom.  I came back to bed and had a thought to check on Hudson, even though he was quiet and wasn't making noise.  I pulled up the camera on my phone, and as I was looking at him, he looked naked.  I didn't have my glasses on so I turned it over to Steve and asked if he looked naked to him.  Steve said yes, then pretty much went right back to bed.  I put on my glasses and checked again, and sure enough he didn't have any clothes on.  He was just sitting there though, all quiet, not making any noises.  I went in his room and he said "hi mom."  I then grabbed his PJs which were in his crib and his diaper, which was in another spot.  He had peed in his crib since taking off his diaper, so after putting on another diaper, I then changed his crib sheets.  I then gave him a drink of water and laid him down.  He thankfully went right back to bed.

It was so funny, but I didn't get any pictures to prove it.  Well thankfully Hudson did it the next night/morning also.  After Steve was gone duck hunting that morning, at about 7am, I looked at my phone to check on Hudson, and he was butt naked again!  I took a couple quick pictures because it's so funny to me, then went and dressed him again.  Thankfully this time he didn't pee in his crib.  Silly kid.  Nyles used to do this also.  He figured out how to unzip his PJs.  We finally had to put zip-ties on his PJs then take the zipt-ie off w/ pliers the next morning.  Ironically Hudson hasn't tried it again.  I put on 2 layers of PJs after he did it the 2nd time, and so far he hasn't tried again.

Silly Hudson, took off his PJs and diaper.

Another time, Hudson being silly in his crib.


The boys playing w/ swords.

Silly Piper.  She loves to lay on any blankets she can find.  We were putting the blankets away when she decided to lay on them.  Hudson LOVES to draw and color any chance he gets.

Saturday evening we had a Halloween Party up at Melanie/Brandon's place in Midway.  Steve and I were M&Ms, Nyles was Captain Jack Sparrow, Carter was a Pokémon character, and Hudson was an Incredible Hero.  Rob was a Viking.

Kim, Alexa, Jeff and Cameron.  London Claire, Stacie, Conor and Phill.  Ryan and Lynsie.

Dave and Joann.  Noah, Olivia, Brandon, Melanie, Chandler and Ethan.  Diane as Cruella de Vil.

Stacie was also and M&M.  Cute Hudson w/ Joann as a scarecrow.

We had soup for dinner.

Fun times.  Aunt Diane (Cruella de Vil) w/ Hudson.

Carter, Nyles and Conor.  We played a game of which team could put together a skeleton first.  
Our team won (granted we didn't have any kids on our team).

We played another game w/ a story and some candy.  We also played a game of unraveling a big spider web.  Steve and Jeff trying to see who was taller.

Hudson's turn w/ the candy pumpkin.  
Carter giving their dog Dusty some love, then having a turn on the game.

Lastly was our game of "Mummy Wrap."  Just about everyone wanted to participate.

Carter all wrapped up.  Everyone ready to go, to get unwrapped.

Nyles and Conor ready to go.  Alexa, London Claire and Olivia after getting unwrapped.

Everyone getting unwrapped from "Mummy Wrapped"


Great quote.  Cute Piper snuggling w/ the stuffed animals.  The boys giving Steve a foot massage.

Silly Piper chasing the reflection on Steve's phone.


Sunday evening we went for a short walk near Little Cottonwood Canyon.  The leaves have changed quickly this year as the temperatures have dropped suddenly.  It was beautiful though.

Such gorgeous surroundings.

Beautiful colors.

On Monday, Halloween Day, Steve went and put up LuDean's Christmas lights around her house since it was only supposed to get even colder later in the week.  Diane watched Hudson while 
Steve put up the lights.  Hudson had fun playing w/ balloons and watching Curious George.

That night Steve smoked a beef roast.  It was really tasty!  Steve is getting really good at smoking!
Cute Hudson taking a nap after a fun morning.

After dinner the kids went Trick-or-Treating.  Conor came down and joined in the fun.  Hudson didn't last but a few houses walking.  We then put him in the stroller the rest of the way around the block.  I then came home w/ him and put him to bed.  He was definitely ready!  He wanted to bring a fire truck w/ him to bed.  I told him he could as long as he went right to bed.  And he did!  Funny, Nyles used to do the same thing.  He always wanted a toy or stuffed animal w/ him when he went to bed, but he would actually go to bed, so we let him.

Hudson decided to be a frog this time on Halloween Night, Carter was a Policeman, and Nyles Captain Jack Sparrow again.  Conor was a scary clown.

Cute Hudson saying "Cheese" while I try to get a picture.

It was a fun Halloween Weekend.  The boys got way too much candy, so we're rationing it for them :)  We're thankful for family and friends to spend time with.

Great quotes.




No comments:

Post a Comment