Here are some highlights from the 3rd week of November.
On Monday, November 14th we had our air ducts cleaned. I was working from home, but luckily I had a client reschedule and was able to get out of their way while they cleaned the vents upstairs. They took a couple hours but got it done. They said they're pretty sure our vents haven't been cleaned since the house was built in 1983 (gross). They said there was construction debris in the vents and lots of dust of course. With all our "projects" on the house over the years, we haven't really looked at the vents until now. Better late than never right?
On Tuesday, November 15th, Carter's Kindergarten class went to the Hogle Zoo. Steve, Hudson and Dave met Carter there and went along w/ him. It was pretty cold, but they bundled up in snow clothes and stayed warm. Steve said even though it was cold all the animals were out, which was awesome!
Dave, Carter and Hudson at the zoo. Carter and Steve. Hudson and Carter looking at the polar bears.
Cute Hudson literally stopped to smell the flowers before we checked out at Walmart. My boys know I love flowers, so when they spot them, they like to point them out to me. I really appreciate it, since we all need to slow down and smell the flowers you know? Silly Piper in Steve's shorts. Carter sitting w/ Steve as we read scripture before bed.
Since our 2 trees in our park-strip died, we decided to plant another one. We decided to plant it in the yard instead of the park-strip so our yard/driveway/house can get more shade. Cute Hudson playing w/ the excavator in his crib. We allow him to take it into his crib since he falls asleep quickly w/ it, then if he wakes in the morning or after his nap, he'll quietly play w/ it.
Earlier in the week Nyles wasn't feeling well and actually stayed home from school on Monday, but was feeling better the next day. He was happy he was feeling better since on Tuesday his class walked over to Alta High School to watch the play The Adams Family.
Misty Anderson (our backdoor neighbor) found Nyles at the play and sent me a pic.
Cute Hudson asleep in his crib.
On Wednesday, both Nyles and I had a Primary Activity. Nyles group made scones, and our group did gratitude activities. I love talking about gratitude and being reminded of its importance in our life.
Friday, November 18th, Nyles went to a birthday party at Altitude Trampoline Park for his friend Owen's birthday. It went from 7-9pm, so Steve drove him and stayed w/ him since it was 30 minutes away. Nyles had a good time jumping around. They also had pizza and brownies afterwards.
Friday Piper wasn't feeling well and we could see some sort of infection in her ear, so Steve took her to the vet. She had an ear infection and a fever. She took it easy for a few days and didn't even play ball. You know she doesn't feel well when we doesn't even want to play ball. We had to give her drops in her ear for the infection plus other medicine.
Saturday we went to Lowe's and the boys built little wooden turkeys for Thanksgiving. Later Steve went duck hunting w/ Nyles, so Carter, Hudson and I went to the park to play. Hudson loves the swings!
On Sunday, November 20th, Nyles and Carter sang in the Primary Program and did their speaking parts. Since Steve is Nyles' teacher he also was up there helping to sing. They all did great! Dave came to support them as well. Both Hudson and I weren't feeling well so we stayed home and watched it on Zoom. I'm glad we have that technology so we can still participate.
The children sang this beautiful song called "
Choose to Serve the Lord." And yes it makes me cry every time. I love the Spirit you feel as they sing it.
Great quote. A couple weeks ago Pauline brought over a game in a bag, so I decided to try it in our game closet. The bags definitely help to save space. I also made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and we gave them to neighbors.
No comments:
Post a Comment