Here are some highlights of the 1st week of July.
Carter and I put together the big floor puzzle. Pretty sunset.
On Sunday, July 10th, I was asked to teach the Relief Society Lesson. It was from Elder Holland's talk, Fear Not: Believe Only! There are a lot of great messages in the talk. I decided to focus most on Happiness. I also referenced a talk from the December 2019 Ensign called "The Hunt for Happiness." There were 9 strategies to help improve your happiness:
- Live the Gospel
- Spend your days "engaged in a good cause."
- Choose Gratitude
- Spend Time Outside
- Limit Screen Time
- Be Present
- Connect with Others
- Take care of your Temple
- Look outward
The lesson went well and we had a great discussion thankfully. It's been a while since I was in Relief Society, let alone had to teach it, since I've been in Primary since Nyles was about 1 years old (so 9 years). God cares about every single one of his children. We need to open our own eyes and see the miracles in our own life. The Lord loves us and wants us to be happy. He has provided his son, our Savior Jesus Christ, so we can have happiness both in this life and the one to come. Quoting Elder Holland, “We have so much to be glad about. We have each other, and we have Him.”













No comments:
Post a Comment