Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Last week of April, start of May

 We finished up the month of April.  Here are some highlights.

Carter learned how to go across the monkey bars.

I donated some of my milk to the milk bank.  I pumped back in Oct-December when I was trying to get a supply stashed up before going back to work.  This was also the time when Hudson was only drinking one side at a time so it worked out.  Ironically when I went back to work he refused to take the bottle.  Since I'm still able to work from home and nurse in between appointments, we don't need the milk.  It's worked out, but I didn't want the milk to go to waste (plus it was taking up a lot of my freezer), so I looked into donating my milk.  I had to go through a screening process, and even had to get my blood drawn.  After several weeks I was finally able to donate my milk.  Our pediatrician made a comment once that Hudson is growing so well I must have really good milk.  So hopefully my milk can bless other babies in need and help them grow big and strong. :)

We put out a new hummingbird feeder.  
We've seen one hummingbird come by so far, so hopefully more soon.

 In case you wanted to know, he's been eating solids now much much better, so his poops are getting thicker.  He's learning to adjust and grunts more now :) Little Hudson noises. 

Silly Piper likes to fluff up her bed.

More cute noises from Hudson.

Carter packed a backpack then was wanted me to take pictures of what he was: 
a turtle, bear, sloth and snake.

Carter pretending to be a pterodactyl (flying bird dinosaur).  
Nyles at school.  They did a sports day.

Cute baby Hudson eating my protein drink.  Oh I love his fluffy hair!

We took the boys to a free martial arts class at the park to see if they liked it.  They both REALLY enjoyed it, so we decided to sign they up for a 6 months course.  They start next week.  They'll do a few online classes until their studio is open since it's a new place.  The studio is located the street behind our house, which is great.  Once it's open they'll go 2 times a week.  They're super excited to learn.  

They even gave them the uniform and their earned their white belt.

They teach them about respect and discipline and focus.  We think it'll be really good for the boys.  

Friday evening we went w/ Dave and Joann to Jurassic Quest.  It was over at the USANA amphitheater parking lot, so everyone stays in their car and you go around and see the big dinosaur displays.  We also connected the audio to our car's Bluetooth so we could all hear what they were saying about each dinosaur.  It was a lot of fun and the boys really enjoyed learning more about all the dinosaurs.

Big dinosaurs.

Big teeth.

Silly tiny little arms on this dinosaur.


And a megalodon at the end.  Talk about a BIG shark!

Many different types of Triceratops.

Nyles and Carter were pretty excited after seeing all the dinosaurs, Hudson was ready for bed.

Group picture!  Thanks Dave and Joann for going w/ us!

The boys got some fun activities from Jurassic Quest, so they were busy doing them the next day.  One was to dig out a dinosaur fossil very carefully w/out hurting the dinosaur bones.  Hudson joined for a little while also.  They thought it was awesome!

Hudson trying to get Piper's tail.

Cute baby Hudson playing w/ a mace Nyles gave him. :)

On Saturday Steve went to a Buddy Day w/ Carter as his preschool.  They played, painted, and afterwards went and got a donut.

After they got back from his preschool, they loaded up the boat and went fishing.  This time fishing for Carp.  It was all of their first time trying, but they got a few.

Steve made a bamboo pole to slowly move through the reeds.

 

Nyles having fun on the boat.

Baby Hudson learning to clap.

Sunday afternoon we went for a walk together.  Piper lost her name tag, but luckily we found it.

Great quotes.



No comments:

Post a Comment