Thursday, February 11, 2021

1st Week of February

The first week of February went well.  I've been busy at work and in training the whole week.  In between trainings and appointments, I've still been able to nurse Hudson and visit w/ Carter and Steve a little.  Since Hudson was born back in August, I started reading the Harry Potter books again for fun.  I started w/ the hard copy books, some of which we own.  But as the series goes, the books get bigger w/ more pages, and Hudson has also gotten bigger and more wiggly, so it's been difficult to hold a book in my hand.  I mentioned this to Pauline in December, and she said I should borrow library books digitally.  So since then I've done that and have read the books on my phone while nursing.  Needless to say it's gone a lot quicker too.  I just got done with ALL 7 HARRY POTTER books!  They were fun to read again.  The first time I read the 1st book I was in the 8th grade in 1998, and I read the last book after my mission in 2007.  They're still really good, if not better than the first time I read them.

Steve and I also signed up to take the Emergency Preparedness Class that our stake if offering.  We can finally take it since they're doing it via Zoom this time.  It's at 7pm on Thursdays, so after I get Hudson to bed we let Nyles and Carter play while we watch the class.  We've been working on getting more prepared this past year, especially after the earthquakes we've had the past 2 years and the pandemic happening.  We're also working on teaching the skills to the boys.

Here are some other highlights from last week:

Cute Hudson looking at the camera before falling to bed.

Aunt Diane made Carter a shark blanket.  He wanted one just like Nyles has.  Thanks Diane.  It was so sweet to do that for Carter :)

The boys on blankets Aunt Diane has made: Nyles on his shark blanket, Hudson on the Nemo one, and Carter on his shark blanket.  Piper getting in the blanket w/ Carter.  Carter loves Piper so much! 

Playing "Pencil Nose" one night before bed.  
We let the boys take turns picking the game, Carter chose this one.

And we got a little snow finally!

Cute Hudson eating his giraffe, his cute smile, and playing on his mat w/ Piper's company.

Hudson has now found his toes!  Such a cutie!

Carter and Nyles went to the dentist this past week.  They LOVE going to the dentist and think it's as fun as going to the candy store!  It's a kids' dentistry and they get to choose a toy/sticker when they're done.  They also let them dress up if they want.  They make it a fun atmosphere and thankfully the boys are excited to go, rather than being afraid and unwilling.  Can't beat that!

Nyles has been working hard in school.  He got 100% on his spelling test.  
They also celebrated the 100th day of school last week!

Hudson chewing on the giraffe more, and Steve put Hudson in the laundry basket and carried him upstairs.  He said he was multi-tasking to save time :)

Cute Hudson.  His shirt got stuck on his head haha.

Carter decided that he's ok sleeping in his own room again so we let him.  He got scared last March after the earthquakes we had, and wanted to sleep in Nyles' room.  We even ended up getting bunkbeds for them.  He's done pretty well since going to his own room, though he's woken up a couple times w/ nightmares.  Hopefully he'll get better over time.  I guess if not, he'll got back to Nyles' room :)

Hudson loves to give me kisses (more like slobbers) and hugs, which I love.  I love his cute eyes!  Carter wanted to hold Hudson during our "sacrament meeting."

We had Pauline and her family over for my birthday dinner on Sunday.  I cooked up a turkey for dinner, then we had cake and ice cream.  The kids had fun playing together, even outside.  Every time we get together we see who weighs more, Hudson or Lincoln.  We think Hudson weighs more than Lincoln now by maybe 1 pound.  I'm guessing Hudson is 20lbs and Lincoln is 19lbs.  
-Charlotte had fun holding Hudson, blowing out the candles, Lincoln enjoyed playing w/ Piper, Chris trying to see who weighs more Hudson or Lincoln, and more snuggles w/ Hudson.

Good quotes from Uchtdorf.


No comments:

Post a Comment