Sunday, September 17, 2017

The last 10 years

Grandma Hegerhorst wants us to write a quick family history of what we've been up the past 10 years.  So, here it goes.

Steve got back from his mission (British Columbia, Canada Mission), in January 2007.  And I got back from my mission (Slovenia/Croatia Mission) in September 2007.  I moved to Salt Lake City in November to start working for Fidelity Investments.  Steve and I officially met 6 months later in May 2008, while playing ultimate Frisbee.  We started dating 2 weeks after that, got engaged in October and were married January 2, 2009 in the Jordan River Temple (in South Jordan, UT). We bought a condo at the end of August in Midvale, and lived there until last April when we sold it and bought a house in Sandy.  

Steve has been going to school full time since we got married and graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in December 2012.  His degree was in Health Promotion Education with an Emergency Medical Services Emphasis.  He had been taking prerequisites to apply to be a Physician's Assistant, but last year decided that isn't what he wants to do anymore.  He will instead be applying to get into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography / Ultrasound program for Fall of 2018.  When not in school, Steve has been home taking care of our 2 boys.  He also has many hobbies, including duck hunting and fishing (all types), which keeps him and the boys busy and happy.  

I have been working full-time at Fidelity Investments for 10 years now in various positions.  I am currently a Portfolio Specialist, where I help people who have hired us to manage their investments.  I graduated with my MBA from DeVry University in June 2012.  I also took the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) courses in 2014, and am currently studying to take the exam in November.  

We welcome our first boy, Nyles William on August 12th, 2012.  He just turned 5 and started Kindergarten a couple weeks ago.  He is full of energy and loves the outdoors.  He is Steve's little shadow in his hobbies and adventures.  Our second boy is Carter Alan, who was born June 8th, 2016.  He is 15 months old now, getting lots of teeth and about ready to walk.  He adores his older brother.  Nyles can make Carter laugh or calm him down when no one else can.  We love life and are so happy to be together as a family!  The Lord has definitely blessed us!


Bear Lake 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment