Sunday, May 31, 2015

End of May

I can't believe tomorrow will be June.  Summer is practically here and will be gone before we know it.  We'd all better enjoy it before it does though, that's for sure.  Here are a few more updates from May before I forget.  I love pictures which remind me of things we did and great memories we've had.


 Nyles blowing some bubbles as I'm headed out to work one morning.

Nyles has been practicing going potty in the toilet and wearing his big boy underwear.  Ironically it is bubble gum that has been motivating him to try.  Who would have thought?  A work in progress for sure, but definitely headed in the right direction.  I can't wait to be done w/ diapers w/ him. ;)


Steve took Nyles to the dentist for the first time.  He did great!



Nyles and Lynsie at the Aquarium.


The pool opened Memorial Day Weekend.  Nyles is so excited to swim again!



 Nyles and Lynsie up at Silver Lake. 

Just exploring the rocks.






Lynsie was pretty tired by the end of the walk and Nyles was comfortable just chilling on Steve's shoulders.


For Christmas last year I gave Steve a date book, and every month we open that month up and go that date. This month, May, is the month we met, so for our date night I wanted to reenact our first "undate" as we call it.  This was shortly after we officially met Steve had promised another girl on a date, but he really wanted to take me.  So he coerced Rob into taking me on a double, that way Steve could still be around me.  We went and got Cafe Rio for dinner, then went to Antczac Park, ate dinner and played 2 truths and a lie to get to know one another.  After dinner we went to Hollywood Connections and played mini-golf.  The whole time though Steve was flirting w/ me and actually hitting my putter, in front of his date mind you.  I seriously felt bad for the girl he took on the date.  I was trying to respectful to Rob as well and talk to him, but Steve was making it hard.  Then to top it off, after dropping off Steve's date, they went to drop me off, but instead of allowing Rob to take me to the door, Steve did!  It was a little awkward to say the least, but Steve walked me the rest of the way to my door, then gave me a hug and said we should hang out again.  Thankfully we did, and thankfully we went on a "real date" not too long afterwards, this time to Lagoon. It was after our first "real date" that I knew I was a goner....I really did like Steve!

So on Friday, we had Rob join us again for a double date.  We had only a few changes to our redo.  We brought Nyles along of course, and went to Cafe Rio to get our dinner, then went to the same park again.  We played 2 truths and a lie again, then played on the slides for a while (Nyles insisted).  We then went back to our place to drop Rob and Nyles off, then went mini-golfing.  Unfortunately Hollywood Connections is closed now, so we went to Mulligans instead.  The weather was beautiful so it was perfect to be outside. It was fun to walk down memory lane and reenact our first "undate."  

I reminded Steve also of a couple other "undates" we had.  After meeting at Ultimate Frisbee we had an "undate" bowling w/ Eve and Nate, and for some reason I chose Steve to be on my team.  We lost horribly!  Steve also showed up w/ Eve, Kaitlyn and I to a movie we went to see.  Steve sat by me and refused to eat popcorn for quite a while.  It was later that he told me he didn't want to eat some because he LOVES popcorn so much he didn't want to eat too much of it in front of me.  Thankfully we have that love in common!

At Mulligans enjoying a "real" date this time.  Love ya honey forever!



Saturday, May 30th, I met Rose and Pauline at the Jordan River Temple.  We got there at 9am in plenty of time for the 9:30am session, but unfortunately it was a little busy, so we had to wait for the next session at 10am.  It was a wonderful session!  I love the Spirit and Peace you feel there.


Me, Pauline and Rose at Jordan River Temple
  

 After going to the temple we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, they went to a couple stores in the mall next to us.  We then went back to my place and Rose showed us how to research some things on Familyhistory.org.  The technology we have today is incredible to speed up this work.  Pauline and Rose both have found names and took them to the temple.  I have some names from Uncle Stephen Naylor that he's found.  There really is a lot of work for us all to do, we just need to find time to do it.  Thanks for the fun day Rose and Pauline!  Love ya both!

That night Steve went w/ his dad Dave, brother Jeff and Rob to a movie.  While we were gone to the temple Steve took Nyles up to Dave/Joann's and helped them trim some bushes and whatnot.  He also had time put his turkey display together.

Nyles helping water the flowers

Steve's turkey feather display.  Don't worry it's not in our house. ;)

In light of Elder L. Tom Perry passing away yesterday, I wanted to include his testimony from this past April General Conference.  He said, "Let me close by bearing witness (and my nine decades on this earth fully qualify me to say this) that the older I get, the more I realize that family is the center of life and is the key to eternal happiness."  I completely agree with this.  Family is everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment